Should I move 1 or 2 puffers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

diVer

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Now that my dwarfs are getting older I have found out I have 3 males. This has led to some very nasty territorial fights. Some are so bad I think one of them will end up being killed. One of the dwarfs is much bigger than the other and I think he bullies the others around because he is also healthier looking.
So I bought a new 10 gallon to move either the big puffer or the 2 smaller ones into. I will also be moving my pleco into it since I think my current 10 gallon is overstocked with 6 otos, 3 puffers, and a pleco.
The new tank has a sand bottom and a large piece of stone (looks sort of like granite) in the middle kind of splitting the tank into 2 sections.
Do you think I should move the one larger puffer or the 2 smaller ones?
Also I'm leaving for vacation on wednesday, is there any way I can speed up the cycle?
Thanks for any help.

diVer said:
Now that my dwarfs are getting older I have found out I have 3 males. This has led to some very nasty territorial fights. Some are so bad I think one of them will end up being killed. One of the dwarfs is much bigger than the other and I think he bullies the others around because he is also healthier looking.
So I bought a new 10 gallon to move either the big puffer or the 2 smaller ones into. I will also be moving my pleco into it since I think my current 10 gallon is overstocked with 6 otos, 3 puffers, and a pleco.
The new tank has a sand bottom and a large piece of stone (looks sort of like granite) in the middle kind of splitting the tank into 2 sections.
Do you think I should move the one larger puffer or the 2 smaller ones?
Also I'm leaving for vacation on wednesday, is there any way I can speed up the cycle?
Thanks for any help.
Take some gravel out of the old DP tank, or some decor, and you can get instant bacteria growth...

If you plan on speeding up the cycle, get a new filter, and get it started on the original tank, then move that filter, as well as some rocks/gravel etc from the original tank and you will have a partially cycled filter to use as well as extra bacteria from the rocks. I sped up the cycling on my 55 by using all the plants from the old tank, adding a second filter to the old, and after a week, putting the original, fully cycled filter on the new tank :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back