Shibbys Mini Adventure

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shibby

Fish Herder
Reaction score
okay i finally got a 10 gal nano set up and running i cloned my big tank!

im thinking pipefish 1 or 2 for fish but there come after ive made sure there feeding at work ones a right pig so il be going for that one, there yellow banded pipes brighter then the normal pipes.

stocking thus far a few kg of live rock, 4 different varitys of button polyps, a mushroom, a cultured toadstall, feather duster, a few hermits, and there was one snail untill it unfortuntely got sucked out by a powerhead :(

il get pictures once pentax have stopped sending my camera around europe to be fixed :| suda gone with it reli!!

any ideas for some interesting invertebrates??

IMGP1756.jpg

IMGP1754.jpg

IMGP1752-1.jpg

IMGP1757.jpg

IMGP1760.jpg

IMGP1762.jpg

IMGP1766.jpg

good.jpg

finally got pictures up, this is how it looks now, the bush hasnt fully opened since my lights blew and at the moment the tank just has a make shift tropical t5 while i wait for a replacment lid and lights!! so no atinics untill then.

Tank looks great shibby. How old is the pipefish? Do you think 10Gal will be big enough once its fully grown? Just out of curiousity, do you know what species you have? Looks like Dunckerocampus Pessuliferus although its hard to tell without a photo of the tail.

when he does grow bigger i have a few options put him in 40gal tank though im not sure how well he would do in there, upgrade this 10gal and clone it because its already broken a lid in 20days which they havent fixed for me yet! or give him into work :) but for now i hope hes fine, grow to 16cm i believe, hes at about 8cm.

i dont know the exact age was in store for about 2-3 weeks, been here for about 3 weeks, no ideas how long it would of been at tmc though you may be able to figure it out from his length.

hes either Doryrhamphus pessuliferus or Dunckerocampus Pessuliferus they may be the same or slightly different i can find out the exact scientific tomorow

he did have a partner but unfortunetly that one just wouldnt eat anything :( this one however gulps things down.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back