Share You Fav Fish Dishes!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
Although we are all fishkeepers here, i'm sure a lot of us will eat fish every now and then. So what are your fav fish recipes/dishes?

One of mine has to be the simple fried salmon steak. Basically you get a thick fillet of salmon/salmon steak, de-skin it with a sharp knife and then remove the bones by pulling them out with a pair of tweesers. Slice the flesh many times very carefully on both sides, making sure not to slice through the whole steak (like just 1cm slices into the flesh of the fish, depending on the thickness of the steak) and cut off the egdes of the salmon steak if they are very thin. Then rub some salt, pepper and herbs (like rosemary and parsley) into the flesh of the fish. Heat some good proper butter (salted butter is good) in a pan and then fry the salmon steaks for around 5-10mins in the pan. The slices in the fish flesh will allow the steak to cook quickly all the way through, but also allow the flavor of the herbs and butter to soak deep into the flesh of the fish. A little bit of soy sauce and worstershire sauce is also very good when added to the fish while it is cooking i think :thumbs: .
Mmmm.....

Another one has to be sushi- any type of sushi will do with me (salmon have to my fav fish toppings though, followed by cooked octopus). But i'm still not that great at cooking sushi rice, so sashimi has to be my second choice- to create salmon sashimi, simply get a good quality fillet of salmon (preferably one thats been frozen and thawed out beforehand), slice into small squares or rectangles, and serve up raw with some wasapi, pickled ginger and soy sauce, and eat. Mmm...

I wish i could deep fry stuff though, don't really have the confidence to though, i'm very nervous around deep frying stuff (silly i know, but a bad pan fire incidence i had to deal with when i was a kid scared the hell out of me).

So how about you guys/girls- what are your fav fish dishes/recipes :) ?

nice simple monkfish simmered with a butter sauce with asparagus :drool: .

sushi no way.... me no like that :sick:

For actual fish my personal favourite is just a simply grilled sea bass, just descale the fish and leave the skin on, rub a little olive oil and a handfull of sea salt into the skin and stick under a really hot grill for about 6 to 8 minutes each side so the skin gets nice and crispy and then serve it with a couple of wedges of lemon, simple green salad with a lemon and olive oil dressing and some chunky slices of bread and butter.

My absolute favourite sea food is scallops pan fried in garlic butter, i could eat those till i was sick :lol:

For actual fish my personal favourite is just a simply grilled sea bass, just descale the fish and leave the skin on, rub a little olive oil and a handfull of sea salt into the skin and stick under a really hot grill for about 6 to 8 minutes each side so the skin gets nice and crispy and then serve it with a couple of wedges of lemon, simple green salad with a lemon and olive oil dressing and some chunky slices of bread and butter.

My absolute favourite sea food is scallops pan fried in garlic butter, i could eat those till i was sick :lol:

CFC every time you share your recipes you make me feel really hungry lol, now i have to go out and find some sea bass to grill 'cos i'm so hungry for it now :lol: .

tilapia done on a barbecue with ground black pepper
and sea salt and garlic butter on a nice salad ho nearly forgot
the lemon

Never been able to eat most seafood.....
The only fish dish i'd go out of my way to eat is (boil in the bag normally) cod in parsley sauce with pasta, peas and pesto.
Don't know why but i love it.
Oh, good bouillibaisse is gorgeous but practically impossible to get in the UK.

just very simple steamed rainbow trout with herby butter, jersey royals and asparagus is absolutely divine.

another nice way to do salmon fillets is to grill them with a bit of parsley, then i make homemade chips (cut pots into chip shapes, par boil, stick them in a big baking dish thing with garlic, lemon juice, loads of herbs particularly rosemary and roast them for half an hr or so) served with peas or green beans and a holondaise sauce

i'm hungry for fish now too, wonder what i've got in the freezer :shifty:

Sea Bass, de-scale with the back of a knife.
Then criss cross deep cuts across both sides of the fish.
Mix up Balsamic vinegar, basil, coriander, olive oil and garlic paste (or grated garlic) into a messy paste.
Rub the mixture into the cuts on both sides.
Add a few cherry tomatoes into the belly of the fish (where the insides where).

Then wrap up in a foil package and bake for about 20mins.

This is great served with a salad or chips if you are feeling particularly hungry.

ive got a full side of trout in the oven now as we speak with 1 squeezed lemon/fresh thyme/fresh basil/salt/pepper/garlic/chilli flakes/onion/new potatoes and a cup of water in a big oven tray covered with foil it smells great lol its nearly done now
trout.jpg
here it is my tea lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back