What Is Your Fav Type Of Meat?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Just a fun curiosity thread, but is your fav types of meat/s and how you prefer them to be cooked? Mine are as follows;

Beef (most cuts will do, but i like rump and sirloin a lot) cut into small peices and stir-fried with vegetables in hoi sin souce with spring onions.
Lamb chops- gotta be marinated for 24hrs and then barbequed!
Pheasant- had to be stuffed with herbs, skin seasoned with salt and pepper and then roasted.
Duck- love it in stir frys.

Don't really eat chicken and turkey as pretty much all of it is battery farmed which i'm against, kinda find the meats a bit dry either way though although i would eat chicken or turkey if i was offered it. I loved eating roasted free range miniture bantam chicken though when i was a kid living on my mums farm, such a chicken has so much more flavor than the chicken you find in supermarkets, i would eat free range bantam chicken any day if i ever found some! ! I like pig meat, but same thing with the battery thing, plus its quite a fatty meat so i only eat it rarely- however gammon steaks, sausages and bacon are awesome.
I would like to try boar as my local butcher has recently started selling a variety of boar dishes and cuts of meat. Overal though, beef is the meat that i eat the most so based on that i would say its my fav, but its still a very difficult choice between beef, lamb and pheasant.

So how about you guys/girls :) ?

Bacon Bacon Bacon....in that order.

Any other red meat should be rare, I wanna see blood when I stick my knife in it.

Bacon Bacon Bacon....in that order.

Any other red meat should be rare, I wanna see blood when I stick my knife in it.

Lol you are such a predator/carnivore :lol: .

Oh, and with fish meat i suppose i really dig salmon though- either raw or cooked, its all good :) . I eat a great deal of shellfish/sea creatures too- love smoked mussels and oysters, things like cooked squid, prawns, pickled cockels etc etc.

Lol you are such a predator/carnivore :lol: .

Oh, and with fish meat i suppose i really dig salmon though- either raw or cooked, its all good :) . I eat a great deal of shellfish sea creatures too- love smoked mussels oysters, things like cooked squid, prawns, pickled cockels etc etc.

Yes I am a predator lol but it's mainly due to me not accepting the general idea of English cooking which is to cook it until the meat falls off the bone.

I agree with you on the shellfish too, I much prefer shellfish to fish

I'm not a big lover of shellfish but I do love meat. Beef and lamb are my favourites but i'll only eat it if it is well cooked. I can't stand seeing blood on my meat...:crazy:

I love pretty much all meats but if i had to choose one outstanding favourite it would be roast lamb, most likely because it is the one we get the least of because it is so expensive to buy. Rack of lamb and lamb chops and steaks are deffinately up there as favourites too.

A properly dressed and roasted chicken is a real pleasure, stuffed with sage and onion stuffing and covered in crispy smoked streaky bacon, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Roast beef has to be a rib cut, other than that its not worth eating in my opinion apart from as steaks or mince.

Pork i like but we have it quite often because its the meat you tend to get the most special offers on so its nothing special, you cant beat a good bit of crackling though.

Good scottish sirloin steak, medium-rare with black pepper sauce, and chuncky crisp potato wedges.
mmmmmmm.....
I'd like to try jugged hare, its a hare (obviously) made with a sauce that uses the hares blood as its main ingredient. It sounded awful the first time i heard of it, but i was reassured by my french gf (ex) that its good and she had good taste when it came to food (but not men). Problem being that unsurprisingly non of my local butchers can get the hare, but not the blood. I think it needs to be done from fresh.
Can't stand seafood apart from simple cod in parsley sauce and oddly enough; french bouillibasse which is the fishiest thing going.
Spicy pork chops with pinapple and cream sauce is gorgeous!
And true italian ragout (ragu) made with whatever meat(s) you can lay your hands on, stick it all in;
Bacon, beef, lamb etc.
:drool:

CFC's post reminds me, anyone tried saltmarsh lamb? Can you actually taste the difference or is it just hype?

Ooo and another seafood meat i like to eat is octopus- great on sushi or on its own.
Pork crackling is also awesome, although i don't eat it very often.
When i was a kid i went on holiday to italy and i had the nicest stew ever, i forget the name of it but it was basically the stomach lining of a young calf stewed with vegetables- sounds gross i know but it was so tasty :drool: .
With sausages, beef or pork sausages are both fine with me, but i like them best either in a thick onion gravy with mashed potatoe or cooked on a barbeque :good: .
Edit: oh another meat dish i really like is ox tail soup.

A really good Fillet of beef (rare to medium rare) absolutely cannot be beaten :drool:
(and particularly at the Gaucho Grills in London - just to die for - well almost!)

(Meat that's well done is like coffee with sugar - a complete insult!)

A very close second would be oxtail stew! Just the scrummiest.

A properly dressed and roasted chicken is a real pleasure, stuffed with sage and onion stuffing and covered in crispy smoked streaky bacon, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ooo and this too :good:

Beef, preferably sirloin or tenderloin, grilled over a charcoal grill, cooked medium rare or rare. I like blood too. :drool:

Lamb chops, cooked the same way. :drool:

A surprise, medium rare, grilled Elk steak. That was yummy. :drool:

Crab, Shrimps, lobster, too many to name. I'm a hopeless carnivore. Absolutely adore sashimi, especially Toro, Sake, Himachi, and Maguro, in no particular order. :drool:

If I could come back as anything, I'd choose to come back as a Bald eagle enjoying the Salmon runs in the Pacific NW. Free, fresh sashimi for days and days, until the run is over. :drool:

Does this disturb enough people?

llj :lol:

if I could only have one kind of meat for the rst of my life it would have to be bacon.
nothing quite hits the spot like a bacon butty.

I don't think there is a meat that I've eaten that I didn't like
except horse meat (sorry horse lovers but when in Paris and all that),
I found that too stringy and tough for my likeing.

Beef 1st closely followed by fish me thinks

one surprise like was kangaroo fillet, very delicate and tasty, i was surprised

Beef of course, my absolute favorite is fillet mignon med. rare of course; personally I think over cooked steak is a waste of money.

I like chicken breasts as well. I really like to roast them, shred the meat and make chicken fried rice, yum!

I've also become a fan of venison, roasts, steaks, sausage, they're all good if you know how to butcher the deer correctly.

Wild turkey is also pretty good, tends to be tough, but makes good breaded and fried turkey nuggets.

Lamb is very expensive here in the US, especialy where I live in the heart the beef country, so I've never tried it, but would like to, I'd also like to try rabbit which is another difficult one to find raised for food.

Thinly sliced steak rolled up around a slice of bacon and a slice of pickle. Cook that long and low and it is amazing. It is called rouladin.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back