What Is Your Fav Type Of Meat?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
In this order of my meats;

chicken. I love this for some odd reason, maybe the fact that even the slightest bit of blood on my meat makes me want to hurl.
turkey. Pretty good, don't have it often. The best part is stuffing.
steak. Uck, I hate steak, but there's this huge gap here so I might as well say..
pork. Nasty as hell.
lamb. I just cannot stand the taste and for me, it would be sort of like eating my kitty. xDD
duck. Never had it, so it just goes last, though I can't picture it tasting much different than other poultry...

beef, barely cooked :D

love duck, got about a zillion ways of doing it and every one is yummy! again always leave it a bit pink

baby rack of lamb...... mmmmmmmmmmmmm gonna try and get one from the butchers next week to do roasted

and for a quick fix, bacon every single time :D

Pretty much any meat. Never tried the more unusual like crocodile or reindeer ... yet, but pretty much any cut off a pig, cow, sheep, foul etc. I'm not fond of, but will eat kidney/liver/heart.

As for cooking, I prefer beef/steak, medium rare (actually I like rare but it messes up my system ;) ), but I will eat it anywhere from there upto well done. Bacon is another favourite and dependant on mood I like it anywhere from just cooked upto crispy like frazzles.

I never go a day without eating at least some part of an animal :good: I am a great advertisment for vegitarianism though :lol:

One thing I can't abide is covering decent meat with overpowering sauces like curry :sick: they were all (inc stew etc) invented to hide the flavour of poor quality meat, I only eat good quality stuff and I want to taste it :nod: though I am partial to a bit of pepper sauce.

Arfie

One thing I can't abide is covering decent meat with overpowering sauces like curry :sick: they were all (inc stew etc) invented to hide the flavour of poor quality meat, I only eat good quality stuff and I want to taste it :nod: though I am partial to a bit of pepper sauce.

have to disagree re stew though, it's not overpowering and cooked well with good quality meat it takes most of it's flavours from the meat.

mm i looove peameal bacon, and regular bacon, and i like steak, buti like my steak well done, i don't like to see pink or it bleeding lol.

I cannot state I am vegetarian but I like the sauces rather than the meat. I tend to cook a dish and give hubby most of the meat and I eat the sauce and veg. I adore mint with a bit of lamb, apple sauce with a small piece of pork but would rather it was oriental pork so it does not taste of meat. I don't like shell fish at all and would die if I had to attempt to eat sushi or scottish raw salmon not for me.

I like meat burnt and will really only eat the outside of the joint. I will make an excuse and visit the ladies if the in -laws or anyone near me is eating meat with blood running out of it.

I tend to like cooked meat and am not fond of cold meat although I do adore a pate.

I like mince as chilli, bolognaise, curry and spiced up in shepherds pie Ie if not worcester sauce goes near it I would smother it with brown sauce as I dont like the taste of it.

If I had my way I would eat cheese, eggs, pasta, vegetable curry, rice dishes, soups, fennel goulash, cabbage and peanuts that sorta diet well before i have meat.

I must admit though I could not live without stock and vegetable stock is never the same as meat stock.

I like haggis and black pudding and hey its lunch time so I'll go and have the usual beans on toast.

Steak-medium
Chicken
Bacon and saucages (dont really do pork)
Lamb
Fish (allthough kinda going off it abit)

But the best thing ive ever eaten is Eland. My dad shot it, and we ate it (well, some of it) a few days after (even without hanging it was awesome) on a BBQ with a simple sauce...Best meat ive ever had.

Where do i begin? :angry:

Beef - Either as a fillet or rib-eye cooked as beef wellington with mushrooms, parma ham and mustard :drool:

Duck - Cooked with the skin on and served with a red wine and gooseberry sauce :drool:

Rabbit - Served as a pie with black pudding and veg :drool:

Pheasant - Just Cooked I suppose.

Ostrich - Beautiful flavour, gorgeous with an orange and lemon sauce

All other meats are gorgeous but they'd have to be favourites...

Ooo i tried ostrich some months back, it was seasoned with curry spices, roasted and then had brandy poored on it and set on fire for a few moments- the dish is called "flaming ostrich", had it at an indian resturant in Wales, the meat wasn't as i initially expected it to taste like (i thought it would be like eating tough turkey meat or something), but i was pleasantly suprised; the ostrich meat was actually very soft and dark in colour, not tough and muscley at all, and have a flavour like a cross between lamb and pheasant, a very gamey and distinctive (but not unpleasant at all) taste :thumbs: .

My favorite type of meat is a Boca Burger! :good: :lol:
That is nowhere close to meat. Hahaha.

Hmm... generally I like all kinds of meat (but not that crappy imitation stuff, mushrooms are not meat!). I like the normal things like steak, roast beef, chicken, pork, anything pretty much. I also enjoy my seafoods, although I will not eat crab cakes ever, ever, ever again.

You can't go wrong with a good pheasant. Mmmm.

My absolute favorite thing though is Buffalo wings, as spicy as you can get em.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back