Severums having fun

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
This is mum dad and the kids. This was a 250 liter tank the Severums spawned multiple times and always managed to raise a few. When I sold the set up there were 30 Severums plus the two Jewel Cichlids you can see in the photo.

Attachments

• 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Beautiful severums, your golds are looking nice and stocky. Are jewel cichlids really as bad as i’ve heard? Or is there a technique behind their aggression?

Very good tactic, with the next tank I put together I will definitely consider putting them in with a JD and a few more of the not safe for community fish haha
Convict Cichlids will beat them up as well. But then again I prefer Severums to convicts. JD's are quite tame compared to these guys. If you every want to settle a tank down introduce an Oscar, and everyone's world changes. :)

Convict Cichlids will beat them up as well. But then again I prefer Severums to convicts. JD's are quite tame compared to these guys. If you every want to settle a tank down introduce an Oscar, and everyone's world changes. :)
Convicts are nasty pieces of work aren’t they haha, i prefer severums aswell so much calmer and easy going. Really? gosh that took me by surprise I really would love one but I don’t know if i could have one in my tank hence why i was thinking of putting one in a different tank with jewels. Oscars really are awesome! I love how excited they get to see you ( Let’s not talk about them eating everything when they get big haha )

Convicts are nasty pieces of work aren’t they haha, i prefer severums aswell so much calmer and easy going. Really? gosh that took me by surprise I really would love one but I don’t know if i could have one in my tank hence why i was thinking of putting one in a different tank with jewels. Oscars really are awesome! I love how excited they get to see you ( Let’s not talk about them eating everything when they get big hah
This is Charlie

Just have a look at the plant in that tank tank with Charlie. Lots of people will say it isn't possible to have plant with Oscars

Just have a look at the plant in that tank tank with Charlie. Lots of people will say it isn't possible to have plant with Oscars
I’m very impressed with Charlie he looks great! and that’s very true I guess as long as you know what your doing anything is possible haha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back