The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kapelyn16

Reaction score
So I had a 45 gallon freshwater tank . It has 2 electric blue acaras , 1 red severum and a pleco . My severum had been tormenting my EBA . I went to the local store and they told me my tank might just be too small. I found a great deal and got a new 70 gallon tank. I just did the transfer and everything went well . I noticed that one of my EBA is hot looking great so I have him separated in a small area that I used to babies in the past . However the severum is just chasing my other EBA all over the place. I have plants I have drift wood . I don't know what else to do but either get rid of my EBAs or to get rid of my severum. Any advice ?

Your tank is on the small side. Have you tried putting in some caves and doing some large hard scaping work? Try dividing your tank up into zones, so everyone knows where everyone else hangs out.

Your tank is on the small side. Have you tried putting in some caves and doing some large hard scaping work? Try dividing your tank up into zones, so everyone knows where everyone else hangs out.
How do I divide it into zones ?

I agreee with iti you might be ok with a densely decorated tank lots of things breaking the surface and caves and tunnels etc but if the acaras are taking a real beating it might be best to make a choice between the two.

I think it's time to choose. A 500 gallon tank is a fraction of what a severum would have in nature, and an aggressive individual will never be happy. Even a 70 can become a one cichlid tank.

So I bought some more hiding spots and put in some more plants and that has seemed to help .

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back