Severe ulcer on goldfish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Was she a tri-colour oranda? Just curious about the black on the wound, fins and mouth.

She had the black around the mouth originally, but the rest is a result of the wound. The vet said they throw black pigment out when they have trauma. She said it may or may not stay. I think the area of black around the wound is starting to diminish as the scales drop off.

ok gotcha,

in my experience, black patches on fish are like bruising on people. It takes about a month for the black to go. The anti-biotic injection probably caused it. It kind of looks good tho as a tri-colour :)

ok gotcha,

in my experience, black patches on fish are like bruising on people. It takes about a month for the black to go. The anti-biotic injection probably caused it. It kind of looks good tho as a tri-colour :)
Happened before the injection. Started about 4 days after the ulcer was quite red. Poor bubba! She’s a strong fish that’s for sure. I do hope the black passes. Not a fan but love her either way.

Happened before the injection. Started about 4 days after the ulcer was quite red. Poor bubba! She’s a strong fish that’s for sure. I do hope the black passes. Not a fan but love her either way.

Yep more black coming through this morning on her fins. Looks like I’m in for tri-colour lol! At least no more open wound at all now, just the black scales.

Most reactions

Back