Seachem Stability New Tank Log

I'll try my best to get some ammonia readings by the end of the week and I'll do testing every second day as I only have about 5 strips left.

:fish: HOW ARE THE FISH?????? I HATE TO ASK BUT CURIOUS SINCE YOU STARTED THE THREAD..

Well my Betta had ich and it's disappeared. He's also become a lot more docile towards the Mollies and has stopped chasing and nipping at them. He took a chunk out of 2 of their tails a week or 2 ago and has completely ignored them since so that's good. He's very active, constantly swimming around and exploring. The only thing is that he'll flare but he won't puff out his gills like he used to. He seems to have lost the "Top Dog" personality he had. Also, he taken very well to the Red Ludwigia. He swims through it, sleeps on it, he loves it.

The mollies are just being themselves, swimming around, trying to swim through the glass for food whenever I come by even though I just fed them... Oddly enough they like to come to the surface sometimes and pretend like their eating it's weird but it may just be a Molly thing. I really like it when I stick my hand in there to change something and they all start biting me because it feels like suction cups/sponges.

Funny story, a couple days ago in the middle of the night we turned the fish tank light on for some light and my Betta was sleeping on the Red Ludwigia and I think we was curled up, sleeping. Once we turned the light on, one of the mollies picked at him a few times until he woke up. It was funny to watch.

So the fish are doing okay.

I thought I'd just show everyone my test results for the cycle :

Day 2 ---> Nitrite: 0PPM_____Nitrate: 20PPM
Day 3 ---> Ammo: 5PPM_____Nitrite: 0PPM_____Nitrate: 10-20PPM
Day 4 ---> Nitrite: 0PPM_____Nitrate: 10-20PPM
Day 5 ---> Ammo: .25PPM_____Nitrite: 0PPM_____ Nitrate 10 PPM
Day 11 ---> Ammo: 2PPM_____Nitrite: .5 PPM_____ Nitrate 10 PPM
(50-75% Water Changes almost daily from this point)
Day 13 ---> Nitrite: 2PPM_____Nitrate: 30PPM
Day 14 ---> Nitrite: 3PPM_____Nitrate: 80PPM
Day 15 ---> Nitrite: 1.5PPM_____Nitrate: 30PPM
Day 16 ---> Nitrite: 2PPM_____Nitrate: 20PPM
Day 17 ---> Nitrite: 2PPM_____Nitrate: 40PPM
Day 18 ---> Nitrite: 2PPM_____Nitrate: 40PPM
Day 19 ---> Nitrite: 2PPM_____Nitrate: 40PPM
Day 20 ---> Nitrite: 1PPM_____Nitrate: 20PPM
Day 21 ---> Nitrite: 1.5PPM_____Nitrate: 30PPM
Day 23 ---> Nitrite: 1PPM_____Nitrate: 40PPM
Day 27 ---> Nitrite: 1PPM_____Nitrate: 40PPM
Day 30 ---> Nitrite: 1PPM_____Nitrate: 20PPM
Day 31 ---> Nitrite: .5PPM_____Nitrate: 20PPM
April 9th, 2012 --> Nitrite: 0PPM_____Nitrate: 10-20PPM
Today --> Nitrite: 0PPM_____Nitrate: 20PPM (Not entirely accurate)

I agree it's looking good. You still need to be checking ammonia though, it's a fairly essential piece of kit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back