Seachem Prime Users

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
There is no possible way for this to be weaker. Think about it. Forget the Prime doseage, you need to look at the Safe dosage and figure from there.
Already did that did you look at the math?
I never figured the prime dosage
Just how much a bottle treats 500ml =5000gal

Divide by 300 which is 1/4 tsp safe

Comes to 16.66
Divide that by 1/4
= Teaspoons needed to treat 5000 gallons
Or 4.1

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There is no possible way for this to be weaker. Think about it. Forget the Prime doseage, you need to look at the Safe dosage and figure from there.
Example: Safe dosage is 1/4 teaspoon=300 gals. 1/4 tsp X 4= 1 teaspoon. That is already 4 times the recommended dosage. You said you add 4 teaspoons to your Prime bottle. 4 X 4 teaspoons = 16 times the recommended dosage! Yikes!!!

Already did that did you look at the math?
I never figured the prime dosage
Just how much a bottle treats 500ml =5000gal

Divide by 300 which is 1/4 tsp safe

Comes to 16.66
Divide that by 1/4
= Teaspoons needed to treat 5000 gallons
Or 4.1

You need to see what the Safe dosage is, not the Prime.

Example: Safe dosage is 1/4 teaspoon=300 gals. 1/4 tsp X 4= 1 teaspoon. That is already 4 times the recommended dosage. You said you add 4 teaspoons to your Prime bottle. 4 X 4 teaspoons = 16 times the recommended dosage! Yikes!!!
You seem to be missing we are treating 5000 gallons not 300
So 1 tsp is not 4x the recommended dosage.

1 tsp is treating 1200 gallons

Again we want to treat 5000 gallons per prime bottle so 4 x 1200 is 4800 gallons
Just a little weaker than Prime

Sorry, had to go eat. Why are you treating 5000 gallons and how much do you dose at a time out of bottle you make?

Sorry, had to go eat. Why are you treating 5000 gallons and how much do you dose at a time out of bottle you make?
Again the 500ml of Prime treats 5000 gallons

4tsp of safe treats 4800 (close enough to 5000)

That's why you need all 4 tsp of safe in the bottle.

They both treat 5000 gallons

You dose the mixture the same as using Prime - 1 capfull for 50 gallons

I see what you are doing. You are mixing up 4800 gallons worth. However, you have to keep in mind that the Safe does not contain the stabilizers, preservatives, etc. that the Prime contains so the solution you come up with is still not the same.

I do appreciate you telling me about the Safe. I am going to mix it fresh each time though. Again, thanks so much.

I see what you are doing. You are mixing up 4800 gallons worth. However, you have to keep in mind that the Safe does not contain the stabilizers, preservatives, etc. that the Prime contains so the solution you come up with is still not the same.
Yes but you don't need them if your using the bottle up every few weeks.

Their prime may sit on a shelf for a year before being sold so they add them.

Gotcha! Looking forward to saving money!

Yes but you don't need them if your using the bottle up every few weeks.

Their prime may sit on a shelf for a year before being sold so they add them.

Yes, my point is as they’re still taking up volume in the bottle. We got it worked out though. I was thinking 300G as opposed to you thinking 5000G. On the same page there now. Lol!

Just be careful...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachem
Seachem Safe:
Safe™ is the dry version of Prime® and shares all of it’s advantages; however, Safe™ is even more concentrated than Prime®. Use 100 mg Safe (scoop) per each 100 L (25 gallons)

I just read another post on Seachem website that said mixing Safe ahead of time will lose it’s strength within a week once mixed.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back