Seachem Fluorite

chipper_222

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Down Under
Hi Everyone,

For the past 18 months I have been trying to get a planted aquarium established with little luck. I have been adding all kinds of products i.e fertilizers etc without success. I don't use CO2 injection that seems a little complicated and expensive but could this be the reason for my troubles?

My local LFS told me that if I replace some of my substrate (which is currently just gravel) with Seachem Fluorite, the plants will establish much easier without having to use CO2 or any plant growth fertilizers. This stuff is way expensive $244AU for 21kgs so before I purchase some of this I wanted to know of peoples experiences.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chipper
 
Hi Everyone,

For the past 18 months I have been trying to get a planted aquarium established with little luck. I have been adding all kinds of products i.e fertilizers etc without success. I don't use CO2 injection that seems a little complicated and expensive but could this be the reason for my troubles?

My local LFS told me that if I replace some of my substrate (which is currently just gravel) with Seachem Fluorite, the plants will establish much easier without having to use CO2 or any plant growth fertilizers. This stuff is way expensive $244AU for 21kgs so before I purchase some of this I wanted to know of peoples experiences.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chipper


I guess it will all depend on.... what lighting you have?, whats ferts do you dose, do you use a CO2 suppliment? and lastly which plants are you planning/trying to grow?
 
Hi Everyone,

For the past 18 months I have been trying to get a planted aquarium established with little luck. I have been adding all kinds of products i.e fertilizers etc without success. I don't use CO2 injection that seems a little complicated and expensive but could this be the reason for my troubles?

My local LFS told me that if I replace some of my substrate (which is currently just gravel) with Seachem Fluorite, the plants will establish much easier without having to use CO2 or any plant growth fertilizers. This stuff is way expensive $244AU for 21kgs so before I purchase some of this I wanted to know of peoples experiences.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chipper


I guess it will all depend on.... what lighting you have?, whats ferts do you dose, do you use a CO2 suppliment? and lastly which plants are you planning/trying to grow?

Hi,

Plant Fertilizer: Leaf Zone
Lighting: 3 x 23.5in 20W. One of the tubes is 'pink' which I have been told is for plant growth?

I don't use any CO2 supplement. Should I be?

That plants I'm trying to grow at the moment are 'Blue Stricta', 'Gold Pennywort', 'Anubias' and Amazon Sword (about the only plant that I can't kill). Are there easier plants that I should be trying?

Chip
 
You could try seachem flourish excel and root tabs first. Would be less costly and less work ie. no need to mess with substrate.

I can't comment about your lighting but.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top