Sea monkeys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

~FairyAngelFish~

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I heard that they are really brine shrimp or something. :) I want one. Does anyone have them? Are they just a big fad?

u can buy a tube full of eggs for 3 bucks

then just put them in salt water and they will hatch

then u eat them.

Unfortunately, they aren't kept as fish. :lol:

However, if you want to raise them and have a live food for your fish on hand, then you should go ahead and raise these guys. :D

Zombies said:
I went to toys r us and bought a kit, the toy variety and I raised them for my puffers.
you could do that, or you can also buy a kit from the san francisco bay fish food company. i buy frozen bloodworms from them, but a friend brine shrimp eggs he bought from them.
here is a link brine shrimp kits

We've had an ongoing "Sea Monkey" kit going for a few years now. They just keep reproducing themselves but never overpopulating (I assume the weak ones die off fast). They are just brine shrimp (supposedly "super" brine shrimp). The kits don't need filters or constant aeration. The kits also come with a small supply of food and salt and eggs to get you started. But the kits are a little too small for raising these for fish food---if you want to raise brines for fish food, probably getting a SF Brand brine shrimp breeding kit (or making your own) would be more economical. If you just want them as pets, get a kit (they sell them online and at some toy stores). And even if these are gimmicky, they've been selling "Sea Monkeys" since I was a kid and that was close to 50 years ago so it's a long-running fad.

Is there any difference between sea monkeys and Trioblites (whatever). THe ones they also sell as kids toys, they go on about prehistorc monster etc.

i got a set of sea monkeys as a toy for chritsmas, there quite interesting and too be hounest kciked me up the ass to get my tnak

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back