Scallop question

ThatDarnDragon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I came home, and I noticed the scallop's inside looks shrunken. the tenticles tight to the shell. I cant tell if its moving slightly or its the water's movement.

Is it dead? there's also a small white spot inside by the 'hinge' of the shells. Help?

scallop2.jpg

theres the pic, you can see the white spot with abit of black in the center of the white. It didnt react when I turned the light off (when it usually does), and its a darker shade of red now

Hopefully Im just being paranoid and its ok, but help?

It dosn't look happy. It could have died or be on its way out. very few of these survive in captivity for long lengths of time. there are a couple of reasons for this. one, they need a lot of food as unlike clams, they don't get any of there food via light. and two, they only live for around 2 years, most are at least 1 year when collected so after shipping and being in the lfs, it only has 10-11 months left. I'd leave it in and see if it picks up at all for the next day or so but if it gets worse, the it will probably be best to remove it.

ste :(

huh, new layout. I like. :D

and the scallop offically has a pea crab, I saw it moving around inside when the hole in the white got bigger :(

is there a way I can take the crab out without stressing the scallop and hope for the best?

***UPDATE:

I called the LPS, and they agreed to take the scallop back (or rather, exhanged it) so I got another one. I'll be keeping an eye on this one to make sure nothing's in there. These people know me (loyal shopper since '90!) and helped be greatly

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back