foley69
Fish Addict
i have just got my mates rio 125 and i am wishing to put sand in it i have never used the stuff i was wondering if people can give some advantages and disadvantages of it ?

/www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=273198If your going for relatively clean fish, sand is ok and as said the poop sits on top so it easy enough to clean up, however, if your going for cichlids or plecs, then its a nightmare IME, as it never looks clean, I used to have sand in my tanks and it drove me insane, no sooner had I cleaned it up, then it was covered again.
What you planning to have it in?
My community and betta tanks have sand which look great and my cichlid/pleco tank has black gravel (real, not painted) I was considering changing the cichlid tank over to sand too then took a closer look at all the ####e and thought again!hwo should you prepare bogwood before adding it to the aquarium i was thinking of adding it to warm water and soaking it for a week and change the water in the bucket everyday
)