Sand Anyone? Helllllp,

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bubblej17

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, i need help i recently set up a 10 gallon tank just for my breeding mollies and i've put sand in instead of gravel but i need to know how you guys clean your sand my water is shockinly horrible but i think thats due to the sand needing to settle i keep doing water changes and its getting better but how do i clean the waste off the bottom of the tank, and advice would be greatful, thank you for reading

Depending on the size of the tank, use a piece of airline tubing or "gravel-vac." Then: hold the tubing near the substrate so the detritius can be sucked up but sand can't (as sand is heavier.) This takes a little practise, but it a vital skill and it second nature when you've done 4 or 5 water changes.

Depending on the size of the tank, use a piece of airline tubing or "gravel-vac." Then: hold the tubing near the substrate so the detritius can be sucked up but sand can't (as sand is heavier.) This takes a little practise, but it a vital skill and it second nature when you've done 4 or 5 water changes.
tank you for your info i will try that one and hope that i still have some sand left in my tank by the time i finish lol

Did you clean the sand before you put it in? If not, you're going to have to filter it all out and it may damage the filter.

to clean the sand, put it in a bucket and run water on it and stir the sand. Once the water is 100% clear, it's clean

-NWA

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back