Sam's Nano Journal

Looking good, Sam! You'd hate me, though. You should see the HC in my 10g, not thick like that yet, but definitely headed that direction. I really like this little plant.

llj

That's brilliant, mate.
You must be well chuffed :D
Saw a picture of "The Goldfish Bowl" on PFK today, were all those plants your input? ;)

Thanks! :) I am pleased, mostly that I think Ive sorted the lighting out, which means I can try different things now I know they should work. Like this scape too, will see how long I can keep it running. Got some ideas for really bending the sence of scale in this tank.

The plants in the GFB are all their hard work, I have to say Im impressed with the commitment they've put into the plant set up.

Looking good, Sam! You'd hate me, though. You should see the HC in my 10g, not thick like that yet, but definitely headed that direction. I really like this little plant.

Thanks Llj :) I love HC too, its a great little plant, if you can grow HC then pretty much everything else should be a doddle.

Sam :)

It looks really fantastic Sam, the red of the cherrys and cardianls look great against the HC,
Superb job
:)

What a pretty hillock. Looks nice. And amazed LLj has succumbed to the lure of HC. Another one joins the crowd. lol

Success at last and you've worked hard for it.

AC

It looks really fantastic Sam, the red of the cherrys and cardianls look great against the HC,
Superb job

Cheers :)

They are green neons, all apart from one, which I think is a cardinal that got into the wrong tank at the shop ;) but yeh I think they contrast with the HC nicely. Gotta load cherry shrimp, easy to breed, nice and colourful. I like the way you get 'herds' of them roaming around the tank, looks cool. If I turn the lights back on after they've been off for a while it also amazes me just how many have been hiding away out of sight in such a small tank!

What a pretty hillock. Looks nice. And amazed LLj has succumbed to the lure of HC. Another one joins the crowd. lol

And what hard work its been! :lol: Cheers matey :)

Sam

HAha you're my hero.

Thanks, have you been holding out for one?

what is your current stocking level? as the link in your sig doesnt work for me

I have 11 green neon tetras Paracheirodon simulans and 7 (i think) Axelrod's rasbora Rasbora axelrodi, 3 nerite snails and around 50-60 cherry shrimp, probably more. I run an eheim classic 2211 so biofiltering is more than enough and 50% water changes every other day stop anything building u0p to high.

HAha you're my hero.
I know it's good but isnt that abit over the top? :sly:

Nope not at all!! :lol:

Sam

Your not planning on selling any offspring from your shrimp are you sam? I would be interested. :)

And what hard work its been! :lol: Cheers matey :)

Sam

Hey, I always liked HC, it was just never available from the vendors I normally used. :lol: It is a tough plant, a lot like it's bigger cousin, HM.

llj

Hi Sam,

Yes you're still my hero. I started my tank because I came across this thread a couple of months back. Would be honoured if you could grace my humble tank with your blessing and advice in my planted tank journal.

You mentioned before that too much light is bad for HC. I have 22W in a 2.5G. For some reason the HC isn't spreading, just growing little plantlets really slowly and keeping a healthy green growing. Is too much light once again the culprit of this? Or am I just being too impatient?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back