148.6L (39.2 gallon) aquarium journal

Give the motor and housing a good clean. These filters are fantastic and come with 5 year warranty. Seachem say they are self cleaning but this isn't quite true in my experience. They do clog up,
 
I did a water test on the tank earlier today, and the results are:

NO- ₃: 40ppm
NO-₂: 0.5ppm
pH: 7.5
KH: 40ppm
GH: 120ppm

The nitrate level needs fixing though because it has been like that for a long while now. The tetras are behaving normally.

IMG_0410.webp
IMG_0417.webp
IMG_0418.webp
IMG_0419.webp
 
The old chain-store silvertip trio had died of old age in the last few weeks. (with the last member with the tail notch died on the 27th as I went back from a family trip to Albany over the long weekend). They lived 3 years with me and survived the old 10 gal tall tank I had until I moved them into the larger tank in 2024. My grandad looked after them while I was away but he did not realise that one of the fish had died in the aquarium.

I do miss them a lot. I made mistakes as I went but I cared for them until they grew old. S.I.P. you three.
IMG_0610.webp
IMG_0612.webp
 
Moved the plants around a bit more this time, but the tank looks a bit messy. What else can I do to improve the plant composition a bit more (on a thin layer of river sand)?

IMG_0805.webp
 
It's been a few months since the last update, as I was very busy with TAFE work. Dad and I have moved the tank carefully (with everything in it) from its original place to a quiet room near the garage a few weeks ago. We also got a new stand (which is slightly larger than the tank) for it as well. All 20 silvertips thankfully survived.

Here are some new pics of the tank post-movement.

Sep 21:

IMG_1604.webp



Today:
IMG_1627.webp
IMG_1639.webp
IMG_1634.webp


One of the female silvertips have a curved spine but she is swimming and behaving normally. How do I treat this curved spine and what will I do with her if there is no treatment? I have had a few fish with issues in my almost 2-year old tank before.

The two young silvertips born in the tank are roughly a year old now.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top