Saltwater Test Kit - Freshwater Tank?

LellowFish

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Long story short, I have an API Saltwater test kit and a freshwater tank...My question is rather simple. Will the results be affected because the test kit is for saltwater? I've been told that it doesn't matter as it does the same as the freshwater kit but I just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance!
 
Long story short, I have an API Saltwater test kit and a freshwater tank...My question is rather simple. Will the results be affected because the test kit is for saltwater? I've been told that it doesn't matter as it does the same as the freshwater kit but I just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance!

there must be some difference,as they wouldnt sell 2 different types (freshwater + saltwater) i presume.

but realy i have no idea :blush:
 
Hmm, the readings make the stats look perfect which is why I'm asking as I'm kinda paranoid now in case they aren't. I would like to get my DP's soon!
 
the re-agents themselves are the same regardless of which API kit you bought, saltwater or freshwater, how ever the test cards are different...if you need some freshwater test cards email API and they will send you some. however the nitrite card is the same for fresh and salt water
 

Most reactions

Back
Top