Saltwater Guppies.

BettaPonic

New Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2017
Messages
56
Reaction score
10
Points
8
Location
NOVA
I am experimenting on saltwater Guppies and I thought I would show them off while I work with them.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8345.webp
    IMG_8345.webp
    532.2 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_8346.webp
    IMG_8346.webp
    373.9 KB · Views: 614
yes these fish can indeed live in saltwater if acclimated properly
 
Here are some more of the saltwater Guppies.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0114.webp
    IMG_0114.webp
    729.1 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_0116.webp
    IMG_0116.webp
    731.6 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0121.webp
    IMG_0121.webp
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 476
I never knew this could be done with guppies. I thought only mollies could be acclimatized into salt water... Although interesting is there any purpose other then the experiment?
 
sorry to go dig up old threads but do they occur naturally in salt water. also do they breed as proficiently.
 
Guppies do not, naturally, occur in true salt water, but they can adapt to it; many fish can adapt to water that is harder than that which they evolved in. It's softer water that causes the most issues.

I would still not recommend keeping guppies in full marine conditions; it's pushing the fish to the limits of their tolerance, which is never a good idea for the fish's long term health.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top