Saltwater Beginner

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Becca

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok, I have a 30-Gallon Freshwater that I've had setup for about 9 months. It's actually thriving and I'm doing pretty well. My husband and I are shopping for a house and we've both decided that it'd be pretty nice to have a Saltwater tank setup as a main attraction for the living room (in place of the tv, opting to put the television in a family room or den). We both love the way the saltwater tanks look compared to the freshwater.

Anyway, it'll be at least 6 months before I'm even ready to start spending dough on the equipment, so I figured now is a great time to start researching the idea. So, I was hoping if some of you could point me in the direction of some do's and don'ts of getting started. :)

What I'm thinking (and please, let me know if this is NOT a good idea) is getting about a 100-Gal setup - any idea how much this is going to run me for decent equipment?

Becca,

Best place to start is Great Lakes article which is pinned in Marine & Reef Chit Chat. This will give you an excellent grounding and then if there are any specific queries feel free to ask away.

HTH, Eddie

Most reactions

trending

Back