Saintly's60x30x36 Optiwhite( Re Scape)

arghh lljdma06 my friend, i've changed it.

i know i loved it to, but some people were not sure about it, its not final so its work in progress. im trying as many different variations as possible.( thanks g, farmer for the push ;) )

im just trying to see what i can get out the stones that i bought. so if all elese fails i can resort bach to an older scape. no harm done.
what do you reckon to this then? ....honestly

_MG_9703_01.jpg

WARNING< WARNING, my lights have landed! :lol:

woooo hoooo, did yanyones powersupply dip a little? lights flicker or dim? electrical good fail? no?.... they should of!

these things are BRIGHT!

_MG_9724_01.jpg

I like the new scape, gives a valley look :) and I think i actually preffer it! Nice lights, you better get some water in there before the soil bakes ;)

thanks sam, i new i was missing something. i wondered why my fish were'nt swiming :lol:

im sure this wont be the last arrangment. infact....

_MG_9727_01.jpg

Are you a libra? Because you change your mind more than anybody I've ever met!!!

It is an improvement, though, so no harm done. :lol: The first scape was a bit too symmetrical. The smaller peak is distracting from the larger peak, IMO, and the gap created by the distance between the two largest rocks is in the center, while the path (near the gravel) is not. I think this detracts from creating a definitive focal point. The rocks look a little "placed" to me, not how it would appear if they were just there. Unless I'm missing the point of this.

That is pretty bright. Too bright for me.

cancerian lljdma06.

this rock arranging is making me errr...mad? :crazy:

i thimk i'll plant and then let you all see what ive gone for. i think the plant choice will determine the final look.

i've bought my pogostomon helferi. i get my vivipara on saturday. i need to order my hc and tenelus. now im seriously thinking about a small leaf stem too.

just some of the plants to go into the tank, 2 x vivipara

5 p helferi, nice suggestion george

6 hc to come and 4 e tennelus
_MG_9749_01.jpg

can i ask where you got those plants from? never seen those labels before, also how much was it per pot for you P. helferi.

hey fozziebear,

the plants are from my local maidenhead store. and i think they were £2.95. pretty good i reckon.

i bought the vivipara from this firm because there the only company that does it. tropica dont stock it. ive got the rest of my order coming through rich at AE.

in general maiden head stores stock great quality plants, its just some stores tend to let there quality drop from time to time. its bit of a gamble. but with the likes of aqua essentials you know your getting 100% quality, 100% of the time. :good:

well ive started planting. everything is in except the e tenelus, which im waiting for. i have some more hc coming too, which will fill the tank out.

so this is just work in progress. notice how i changed my mind again on the rock scape? :lol:

_MG_9808_02.jpg

Looks really good. It's a labour of love planting all the individual plantlets isn't it!? I had such backache after doing about 10'' square of dwarf hairgrass!

definately prefer the latest arrangement. First was as LLj said a little symmetrical. like a sundial sort of thing. lol I like the second from the front but then saw it from the side and wasn't too keen. This one looks more like a good natural layout though.

Nice choice of plants in there too. Should be good.

Andy

Not my favourite scape but well planted non the less, look forward to seeing the progress :)

Most reactions

Back