Saintly's60x30x36 Optiwhite( Re Scape)

saintly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi everyone,

well after such a good response from my first journal i thought i'd share my latest venture with you to.

it's still in its infancie days, but i can give some early facts an figures.

TANK.
60 x 30 x 36 OPTIWHITE high clarity from AQUA ESSENTIALS. 1 x aquapad.

LIGHTING,
arcadia 60cm 4 x 24w hot5 luminaire from AE

CO2
presurised with all glass ware.

FILTRATION
rena xp2 with lilly pipes.

HEATING
hydoe external heaters (i think, not sure)

SUBSTRATE
ADA AMAZONIA 9L, ADA POWERSAND L (what was left over from other set up) and GEOSYSTEM extra fine river gravel.
_MG_9456_01.jpg

im still waiting for the tank to arrive and the lighting actualy. it might be a week or two yet.

layout wise, not 100% yet but deffo nature ada style. pathway down the middle with sand rocks left and right, riccia glosso etc... similar to the setup amano did in the 2006 catalogue.

the new setup will replace this one

_MG_9460_01.jpg

there was riccia in the forground but it exploded, not enough trimming.

and will go exactly where this one was.

the unit can take the weight as its solid oak.

i'll keep you all posted :good: with lots of pics.

thanks for reading

mark

yep, you do get what you pay for imho. allthough the tank is from germany, i think its the same guys that make the ada range just without that expensive badge.

im just routing through some amano images trying to find some cool ideas. im not sure wether to us stone or wood, but we'll see :good:

i've posted the same journal at ukaps too.

ahh, yes i've seen it. looks fab, but do you expect from george. i reckon im going for stone, a bit more iwagumi. im not sure weather to have a stem plant in there too something like didplis diandra.
or just keep it real simple. here a couple of dodgy images ive taken from the 2006 catalogue.

_MG_9463_01.jpg

or this

_MG_9462_01.jpg

but the tank ratio is different to mine these are 90 x 45 x 45. so im going to have to change a couple of things. mines closer to the square aspect than these. you cant bat panoramic for iwagumi imo.

i just could justify £470 for 120 x 35 x 35.

after my current has run its ground, then i'll invest in the 120 x 35 x 35.

I wish I had that money to spend. I checked out ADA (the US store), and my goodness! A bit rich for my blood. Perhaps when I get that full-time teaching position, but not now.

Looking forward to the new journal Saintly.

llj

ok,

ive been to the green machine today and have had a great day out. its 140miles away from me so its a long day too.

any way on arriving i was overcome by how many rocks they have instock...simply awsome.

jim kindly showed me the petrified wood that they had, and i spent some time laying pieces on the floor but it just wasnt working, then i spoted a little crate with some beautifull stone in side.

"jim, whats this?" i shouted.

jim replied with "ADA seiryu stone" i replied "how much?

jim came back with " £6.00 per kilo".... after picking myself up off the floor, i bought all 20kg of the stuff. yep £120 worth. my wife WILL kill me. im going to use it on future scapes, its so beautiful.

_MG_9554_02.jpg

i also bought my lilly pipes, difussers, drop checker inline water heater and a bag of ada bright sand.

_MG_9559_02.jpg

_MG_9561_02.jpg

as you can see i've got in a right old state putting this scape together, but thats part of the fun.

_MG_9580_02.jpg

Geeez, thats some serious ££ going out there, cant wait to see it progress :)

after several variations i ve come up with this simple iwagumi, it might change yet so we'll see how things pan out.

ive put sand in the forground which will be broken up with riccia.

_MG_9599_02.jpg

Nice, you having a glosso carpet? What are your stocking ideas? :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back