Sad blue pearl dwarf gourami

Gouramidad

Reaction score
He's always been the healthiest one and the king of the tank. Suddenly, for the last couple of weeks he just hangs out in the corner close to the top of the tank. He barely eats. He'll swim around once in awhile but it's only for a couple minutes and he goes right back to the same exact spot. Used to always love to hang out in a cave and he never goes there now. Here's a picture. He seems to look healthy to me. Any suggestions or comments would be very appreciated. He's my buddy.

Attachments

• 20230217_213834.jpg
    20230217_213834.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 41
his belly is large, maybe because he has parasites? not wanting to eat is also related to parasites

He's a modified dwarf gourami, and they are very prone to illness. He looks good, and with luck, he has simply matured. Adult gouramies of that type hold territories right under the surface in quiet places where they can smack any bug that lands on the water, and where they can build nests. Since he's a he, he'll wait for breeding ready females to swim up.

Hiding in a cave isn't their style. They want the surface. Assuming he's well, he would love some floating plants for his pad. they like their houseplants.

Is this the gourami which shared a tank with a male flame dwarf gourami?

I had a dwarf red flame and a dwarf blue pearl in the 29 they seemed to be best of friends.
And what happened to red gourami?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back