SA Francisco Bay Area Stores- carrying aquatic plants.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DAnCSF

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with stores carrying floating aquatic plants. I'm specifically looking for water lettuce or water hyaclythins, and yes I know of Caesars in Santa Rosa but looking more for something in San Mateo/Santa Clara /Alameda counties.

Does anybody have any experience with stores carrying floating aquatic plants. I'm specifically looking for water lettuce or water hyaclythins, and yes I know of Caesars in Santa Rosa but looking more for something in San Mateo/Santa Clara /Alameda counties.
Aqua Forest Aquarium in SF on Fillmore

You might find some plants are illegal in California due to their presence in natural waterways. Check with your local department of agriculture and see if they have a list of noxious plants in that state.

Good point. Here is a good resource:

I'm specifically looking for water lettuce or water hyaclythins

Good point. Here is a good resource:

Water lettuce and haaclythins are on that list and they are considered invasive by california. You are probably going to find that most stores don't have them

Ah ha...oh well maybe next time I'm in the Sac delta I grab a bunch the from the river....

According the list above, Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is not illegal so you could try them instead.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back