🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

saintly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

long time no see!

I thought I'd just share my latest tank.

It's 120 x 55 x 55 optiwhite.

I'll do a full run down shortly.

substrate.jpg

removed-stone.jpg

I finally planted it up last night, and was up until about 4.00am. Tropica, kindly donated the plants for this setup, so i wasn't short.(could of done with IanH for a hand)

I'll show set up pics later too.

Here's after planting.

planted-2.jpg

half-1.jpg

Thanks so much for posting this over here Mark, once again you have another legendary aquascape in the making. Hopefully i can make it and see this one in the flesh.

Brilliant Mark! :good:

Awesome looking scape. like the foreground gravel too very nice. :good:

Finally, I'm able to post. I saw this on my iPhone, but had to wait to comment until I saw it on my laptop.

I'm liking this very much. Are the rocks permanent?

Where do you all get this fabulous wood? Lucky.

Look forward to reading the full specs and getting a filled up tank shot.

Liz

Cheers guys and gals.

Stu, it's garden edging. A plastic, which can be cut and is great to hold back substrate. There's a steep incline and it's still intact due to the barrier.

Steveo. The gravel cost me just £2.50 for a big bag. Garden centers have their uses.

Hi Liz. Yes the stones are staying, but should take on a much more subtle look once the moss has taken hold.

Here's a couple more pics on day 1

woody.jpg

angle1-2.jpg

top-1.jpg

I'm using the full ADA substrate system...

5 9l bags amazonia, powersand special. tourmaline bc, clear super, penac p +w, bacter 100,

CO2 via in line diffuser,

well...i saw this in the flesh today. I nipped around to Marks this afternoon. Can i just say the quality of this scape is awesome, and i mean awesome. The depth of the tank is superb and the plant quality is fantastic. It was pearling like a good un this afters. This WILL look fantastic when grown in. Thanks Mark!

Cheers Ian.

Liz, the fish choice is not as important as iwagumi for example. And for my style of 'brash' choice, this tank suits me well. I can choose many varieties without making the tnak look cluttered. I'm really excited to get some nice, and maybe large colourful fish.

Here's a few pics of the stems after 3 days.

stems-1.jpg

stems-2.jpg

stems-3.jpg

and a full tanks shot...

wide-2-1.jpg

I could see some Discus in there Mark. :hyper:

I could see some Discus in there Mark. :hyper:

Discus would be an interesting choice. The tank is bigger than I thought it was. With the depth in the back, though, I'd be a little concerned that an adult discus would lack swimming space in the back.

Something semi-agressive would be interesting.

A pair of jewel cichlids with congo tetras. Both are West African fish. Both are planted tank friendly. But, whatever you decide. You just said you wanted big and colorful. I give big and colorful.

Rainbowfish too. But the big ones. Have fun! It's a great tank size for some of the larger schoolers and shoalers.

Was gonna say adult Discus might not be happy in there ESP as you really need at least 5, Congo Tetra! That would be awesome!!!

Sorry just realised how big it is, you may get away with Discus, I'd be a little concerned about them swimming around all the wood is all.

Hi guys and gals

Not much of an update. Here's an image @ 3 weeks old.

Thnaks for looking

3-weeks-1.jpg

and a pic of the aponogeten red.

aponogeten-crispus-red.jpg

aaaahhhh you keep rubbing that Aponogeton in my face lol!

Looking really good mate!

Most reactions

Back