RTBS Upside down +finrot :( :(

Helium_Junkie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Yesterday my RTBS came out of his hiding hole and started swimming very slowly in close circles. Most fo the colour was gone from his tail, and he was lopsided.

I took him from the main tank and hospitalised him with a dose of esha 2000, which supposedly is a all-purpose healer.

Today he is upside down at the surface, moving one fin a little and breathing fine. His tail has almost no colour, and the webbing has disappeared in places, and the same is starting to happen to his top fin. I am thinking this is finrot, and probably swim bladder problem as well... just when I thougnt my tank was improving :( :(

What can I do, is my diagnosis ok?

He is my favourite fish, so much personality, he rules the tank :(

I think my fish had the same thing--they had ich, and some of them faded color, and stopped swimming. Some had tail rot too. Unfortunately all that got the swimming problems died--it looked like they swelled up and got paler/whiter.
I had been treating for ich, but I believe this was a secondary infection, maybe a fungus? I would try treating with melafix. (I'm doing melafix and salt now)

I don't have much experience, but hopefully your fish will do better than mine did! maybe feed him a frozen crushed pea will help with swim bladder.

good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back