Royal Wedding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
Anyone watch it?
I thought it was great, they seem to be a perfect couple.
Still waiting for the balcony kiss! :blush:

Well, I wasn't intending on watching it, but my eldest made a union jack at school and insisted she had to watch the wedding so she could wave her flag! :wub: so we did. Thought the bells were lovely, dress was beautiful, hymns were predictable, as was the sermon (my dad's a vicar so have heard lots of sermons!) Parade afterwards was nice, surprised at the lack of fireworks but I guess they were trying to reign in the budget haha! :rolleyes:

In general, yes it was very wedding-ish!

And the girl has just brought me a picture she's drawn of Kate, Prince William, the Queen and Buckingham Palace (spelled Bookingum Palis!)

t5503.gif

It seemed like I got up in the middle of the night to see it, but I'm glad I did. It was an absolutely beautiful ceremony. Best wishes to the happy couple!

I didn't have any plans to watch it either but I was in the house and just happened to turn the tv on as she made her way to the abbey. I've had it on in the background all day now and have actually quite enjoyed it :)

at risk of sounding all grumpy old men , what a disgraceful waste of taxpayers money in lean economic times , something like £50m i believe. could of built a couple of hospitals with that instead of paying for some toffs wedding.

It was £21M, but you have to think of it this way, without them we would be worse off, they're a big source of income for this country.

And it's not just £21M down the drain. It was all publically televised, gave alot of people a great day out and just generally gave quite alot of people something to smile about and get together for.

Plus there are apparently 46mil people on the electoral role... just under 50p from each person...

50p per person that could go to the millions of kids that die every year from poverty

Well, I saw bits of it while I was getting ready for work. She looked purty. :)

He was not chopped liver either...

My goodness, the HATS!! Some crazy ones... :crazy:

Liz

My goodness, the HATS!! Some crazy ones... :crazy:

Liz

Haha you should see ladies day at ascot! :lol:

I have to say I think they've alienated a lit of people by spending so much when so many people are trying and struggling to make ends meet. Not the wisest decision for our future king to have made :no:

To be honest, despite the 21 million being spent on it, along with the 50p per person, there's also all the economical good factors that will have come from the wedding.

Just think, there were what, 1 million people in London today alone, every single one of those will have had to buy food and drink, a majority will have bought memorabilia (sp!) and lots will have travelled from further afield, that means petrol or train tickets have been bought, and probably hotels.

There were also a vast amount of people from overseas, who will have definately have had to have bought hotel rooms and food and drink, and the plane fares and they will be here for a few days.

Personally I think the wedding has come at the right time. We are just starting to dust ourselves off from the recession and today has lifted everyones spirits. The bride looked beautiful, camilla smiled and charlesd was carrying a sword. A long awaited day has reached and surpassed expectations and I'm sure at the end of the day, Kate and Wills are perfectly happy with their new life together after years of speculation whether they would actually get married.

The royals do actually put money back into the economy, i just wish people would stop being so modernistic and realise the monarchy are a central piece of British identity!

Congratulations Wills and Kate!

Why don't the moaners stop moaning, It was a wedding,
and to say that the money could have been spent better elsewhere.
HOW MUCH DO THEY CONTRIBUTE TO CHARITY EVERY YEAR.
One member is correct, the monarchy generate a great deal of money, they patronise some great charities that promote people to subscribe.
Enjoy the wedding for what it was. (Excellent)
Good Luck to the Happy Couple.
BTW Catherine's sister Pippa is gorgeous. :lol:
BigC

BTW Catherine's sister Pippa is gorgeous. :lol:

I noticed that, same with her brother. I can see Baby Will and Kates being very cute indeed! :D

N I agree w/ hanny n BigC... To me 50p doesn't seem alot to see something as nice as the wedding was along with how much enjoyment it gave alot of people. And this is coming from a 21 y/o with very little interest in the royal family and who had no prior plan to watch the wedding until I just happened to turn the tv on at the right time.

Just to say aswell, I'm seventeen living in a household that doesn't have any interest in the Royal Family whatsoever. :)

Oh and pippa was beautiful, you could almost hear harry thinking 'wow...' :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back