The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

heh my local garden centre have a giant bonsai that looks identicle to this

without the red

http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//6000/500/80/2/16582.jpg

about 10 ft tall and

5,000 pounds

Ah bless you Bae, the tree you are talking about in your garden centre is not a bonsai - it is the normal Acer :good: Bonsai are trees that are kept artificialy small by pruning the roots and branches (well, think thats how they do it :blush: )

Seffie x

but yeah tried with bonsais and failed lol

sorry to hijack but lud your lawn is stunning a team of rabbits or guinea pigs would die to graze that, take a look at Iberis sempivirens it looks and grows awfully like your graveyard plant but i cant see the flowers in enough detail to tell
regards scot :good:

No... I've had a look at the Iberis sempivirens and it is defo not that... I also googled "Graveyard flower", (Images) and there is a picture of a pinkish/purplish variety of the plant (which I also have)... they however do not give the true name of it.

What kind of filtration you got on that pot with the comets in it. Looks overstocked to me. :lol:

Seriously, looks great. Must take forever to water everything in the dry season. I love those lacy leaf maples but we've had very little luck with them and they're too expensive to buy and then have them die.

How lovely, BigC! :flowers:

Having a garden is one of the things I miss most about living in an apartment complex. Window sill plants are fine, but it's just not the same.

Sweet cat, too. :wub:

have you tried growing stuff upside down? im going to do this with my tomatoes

btw nice garden, my mom attempts to do stuff but it never turns out ok, shes more of an interior decoratoe lol

You have one of the nicest garden and layout i've seen, good job :good:
If I showed my mum she'd probably tear ours up and get down to the garden centre :lol:

lovely garden Col

how are the Bonsai? just got one myself and have an ailing one from last year but joined a bonsai forum and am going to give them a big go this year

Any updatedpics of the garden?

Your acers look amazing, big big fan of them myself. Have a few of the red ones. Nothing as good as yours though

A feature spot in my current garden is as shown below..... This is so low maintenance and just blooms almost throughout the summer every year..... the yellow plant is some sort of buttercup and I just found out the little pink one on the front border is a Mexican evening Primrose.....

100_1925.jpg

100_1927.jpg

100_1930.jpg

Do you have a focus spot in your garden...... I'd like to see it..... Post your pics!! (Hi-jacking Big_C's topic here, but I know he won't mind...... :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back