Ro Unit

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi Dan

Sorry never spotted your post earlier

Hope these help

This is the similar to the fitting you got from RO MAn - & the tubing should fit into there

100_2190172x114.jpg

This is the Tubing Fitting next to the Male Threaded Hozelock coupling (Male Threads in to the Grey Tubing Coup. & the Hozlock end fits onto one of the 1/2" Hozelock Hosepeices

100_2191172x114.jpg

This is how the assembly fits together

100_2192172x114.jpg

Crappy close up

100_2193172x114.jpg

Hopefully these help

If the tubing ain't fitting it could mean that RoMan are using a slightly different size of coupling to the one I have

Give me a shout whatever the outcome :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hi D :)

Thanks again for your help.

In the first picture, i have the yellow screw thing and the white tubing you sent me but i dont have that grey thing. I was sent a white thing about the same size as the grey one. The yellow screw does screw into it but on the other side the whole is much to big for the thickness of the tubing so it just goes straight through and out the other side :(

I understand the second pic just need to find one of those pieces.

The only thing i dont understand about the third picture is the tellow tubing with the two fittings attached either ends. I have the tap connector and the the top QR but then i dont have the yellow tubing as the stuff i have isn't wide enough :( and then i don't have another QR fitting? If it even is another one? (I'm gussing not as the screwy thing doesn't fit into it anyway :Sigh: :lol:

Any idea if it is another QR i need? if not what the heck is it? :lol:
Also any idea where i can find one of those grey reducer's too bad RO MAN doesn't use the same piece. I'll send an e-mail and hope i can find it. If i could just get this part out of the way.....Damn i hate DIY :S

The good news is you might not have to put up with me when i set up the RO unit as the guy down my LFS would help if i wanted :)

Thanks for your help and sorry for being so dumb with this stuff....:blink:

Dan :lol:

Hi D :)

Thanks again for your help.

In the first picture, i have the yellow screw thing and the white tubing you sent me but i dont have that grey thing. I was sent a white thing about the same size as the grey one. The yellow screw does screw into it but on the other side the whole is much to big for the thickness of the tubing so it just goes straight through and out the other side :(

By the looks of it the fitting is too big for the tubing unfortunatly I only keep 4mm Inside Diameter x 6mm Outside Diameter so it may be an idea to have a look at Ro Mans web site they have various sizes of tubing in stock (must be 6mm ID x 8mm OD)

The only thing i dont understand about the third picture is the tellow tubing with the two fittings attached either ends. I have the tap connector and the the top QR but then i dont have the yellow tubing as the stuff i have isn't wide enough :( and then i don't have another QR fitting? If it even is another one? (I'm gussing not as the screwy thing doesn't fit into it anyway :Sigh: :lol:

The yellow (garden hose) is simply to make the jump from the tap (Screw Hozelock Coupling) down to the Nylon Tubing

Any idea if it is another QR i need? if not what the heck is it? :lol:
Also any idea where i can find one of those grey reducer's too bad RO MAN doesn't use the same piece

if you are setting it up like mine you will need another QR Coupling.

Hope some of that helps Dan, sorry bout the tubing

Del

:thumbs:

Hi Chac :)

After bringing it all downstairs and starting together it hit me - the tap connector that i have been sent is completley wrong.

Your grey reducer has the side that screws into the hoselock screwy thing and then the other side is a small hole built on which your nylon tube fits in perfectly. However the one i have been sent out has a hole on the one side - so i can screw in the hozelock screwy thing (Sorry) but it also has another hold on the otherside - which i then have to put in this plug thing with the hole which fits your tubing nicely.

So basically i cant use both sides at once.... unlike the model they show on their website. I E-mailed them the other day asking why i wasn't sent the black piece and they said this was a part that fitted the tap better. I left it thinking 'great' but today trying it i've realised it's actually a bad thing.... I'm going to e-mail them and ask me to send a replacement 'old' one instead if they still have them. If i can get this thing sorted then i should be okay. Just have to hope they have those old connectors in :S

Thanks alot for your help those pics helped a lot after a second look
Dan

I've been e-mailing ro man and they no longer supply the type of tap connector i need. I'll go down to homebase after college and i'll just have to hope that they have the piece i need :S
If you have any ideas let me know :)
Dan

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back