Ro Unit

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Siamese Fighter05

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! :)

I'm soon going to be setting up my 18US Gallon nano reef. I should have a 'few bob' left and was thinking of investing it into a decent RO unit, instead of constantly going to the LFS for 3 gallons once a week :/
I just wanted something that would give me good enough water for healthy corals :)
As i live in a old house the pipes are made of copper, would a RO unit make this water safe to use or is there no point?
Looking to spend no more than £100 although cheaper is always nice!

Thanks in advance
Dan

If you want a Decent RO Unit then IMO the ONLY place to shop is www.ro-man.com

A tanfastic company to deal with

:D

Hi Chac! :)

Thanks for your reply and help. I went on the site and even though i don't have a clue whats good and whats not those prices look good! :hey:

Could you reccomend a decent unit for me please? Also do you connect those units to the tap? I don't think i'd be able to plumb one in :S

Thanks in advance

Dan

Hi Chac :)

Thanks again for your reply. I'm going to be ordering the same one that you are using but i just have one final question before i make the order. Can that unit connect to the tap? Or do you have to go and buy some adaptor to do so?
Thanks again
Dan

Give me 5 mins & I will take a piccy of thr Hozelock fittings I use to adapt my Bath when I use the RO Unit

:D

Hozelock Tap Connector

Hozelock QR Connectors

Please ignore the GREEN bath, we have only just bought this house & apparently someone liked it :crazy: :crazy:

100_2186568x851187x281.jpg

:lol: Thanks alot for that Chac, Bear with me if you can anymore, do i need both of those adaptors or just one of them? I'm really sorry lol i'm no good with even the basics of DIY. I guess i could pick them up from Homebase or any hardware store?
Thanks
Dan
PS: :lol: i know how you feel about the bath. Getting my nice pink bedroom finally painted blue soon as we've finished been doing up other parts of the new house :rolleyes:

Ahhh Yes! Just re-read and can see now. Too bad i can't order them direct of the site and have them delivered :( I'll take a look in homebase tomorrow and hope they have them there :)

Thanks for your help
Dan

Edit: Hopefully if i can get everything cleared up i will order one tomorrow morning. Just a couple more questions if you dont mind Chac :lol:

Does that price include all the media and everything i will need? Or do i have to purchase all that seperately.
Where about did you buy your adaptors from?

Thanks again
Dan :)

There are a few sites that you can get these delivered from (Also try ebay) but remember there will be carriage on top of that

One fitting I am not sure where to pick is the Grey reducer (Attached to the Natural Nylon Tubing & the Hozlock connector)

This is made up from a hozelock Male c/w 1/2" thread and the other peice is a 1/2" Female x 1/4@ Compression Fitting

YOu may actually get 1 of these from RO MAN, I'll go have a look at there web site

I Think this is the fitting you will also need - go on click me :D

Also if you Pm me your address I will send you some Natural Nylon Tubing as I sell it a my work

Thanks again for your help, don't know how you've stuck with me this far :lol:

I'll take a look online now and see if i can find those fittings and get them sent out.

I'll order the the tap connector you've just shown me tommorow along with the RO Unit.

Don't you use the grey reducer on your unit then? You've kind of lost me with the compression stuff :lol: but hopefully when everything comes it should make sense. so this will be in my basket:

Ro Unit
Hozelock Tap Connector
Hozelock QR Connector
The other Tap Connector you've hyperlinked
And then the natural nylon tubing from yourself

Is that then everything i will need to make the unit actually work? Please say yes :lol: I don't think i can take much more :S

I'm just about to PM you now :)

Thanks alot for your help
Dan
Edit: Ah i think i get it, the grey reducer is that little grey thing connecting the tubing to the hozelock conncter (As you've already said :lol:)
Hmmm i'll have to get looking for one of those as well then.

Sorry to double post but i can't hyperlink when i edit :(
Could you please just check these two to make sure i'm going to be ordering the right thinds! :fun:

Multi Tap Connector

Other piece part 1
Part 1

Part 2

And hopefully that's everything!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Dan

The 1st & 2nd items are fine

But the 3rd one you dont need (it does look a bit like teh one you do need but it aint)

This is the one you need

as well as one of these

By 'Compression' I simply mean that you push the hose (nylon tubing) in to the fitting which the internal workings of the fitting than grab the hose & secure it

Have found 1 seller that sells both items slightly cheaper

Hozelock 2274 Multi Tap Connector

Hozelock 2166 Hose End Connector

See that is clear as Mud :lol: :lol:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Thanks for your time again and for looking for cheaper prices :) If you click on those links now, i'll give you one guess as to who as won the auction ;)

I've also ordered the RO Unit and you have very kindly sent me some nylon tubing. So hopefully that means i will only need to find the grey reducer. Do you know what it's actual name is or any idea where i can get one from?

Thanks again
Dan

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back