Ro Unit Cant Get It To Fit!

N1z

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I finally got my ro unit joy! its an osmotics 50 gallon 3 stage. Now i bought a garden tap adaptor which turns into a 1/4 inch piping fit and it only fits with a reducer from a hozelock click fit garden tap adaptor. You think great, so did i but it leaks when i turned the tap on :S.
Does any of u guys know how to adapt it to a normal inch i believe garden tap?
I would do it from like the sink or washing machine way but theres no room for it and well my rents wld be bit miffed :lol:. ive emailed them to see wot they come up with but its nice to also hear how u guys did it.

here are the things i bought...

http://www.osmotics.co.uk/stage-50-gallon-...ystem-p-99.html
http://www.osmotics.co.uk/tap-connector-p-143.html
do i need this bit to work with it? And then have to get a double ended female click in connector? Forgive me i am a tad dumb due ive never used one before.

Yer sorry about the quality its from my mobile :).
Ro unit with pips connected, dont worry i will be cutting them down later on as i know they work better with less piping.
Photo-0408.jpg

Tap with hozelock fitting
Photo-0407.jpg

Photo-0412.jpg

This is the male tap fitting unscrewed but left the black reducer on.
Photo-0413.jpg

Tap without
Photo-0411.jpg

Osmotics garden tap connector to 1/4" piping that dosnt fit a bare garden tap unless with the hozelock reducer(black part from the yellow male connector, but it leaks and spit every where.
Photo-0409.jpg

Photo-0410.jpg

Osmotics thing connected onto reducer
Photo-0414.jpg

The whole set up, minus the large lengths of piping.
Photo-0415.jpg

Then when u turn it on it leaks
Photo-0416.jpg

alsoWould my mains water supple be within the psi range needed to pump the water?

Adam,

Our garden tap connector is designed to fit directly onto a 3/4" BSP garden tap. Not sure what size tap you have there but I would guess it's a 1/2".

It looks as though the 1/2" to 3/4" adaptor you have has insufficient threads to make an effective seal. You could try some PTFE tape around the adaptor before attaching our tap connector. Reducing adaptors are notorious for bad seals, I really don't understand why they sell them. If it comes to it, you'll need to change your Garden tap to a 3/4" BSP male.

There is another way to do this that Chac taught me, it will work with your garden tap even better though i think, You'll need to buy a few more hozelock connections but it'll work well. Give me a min to get the links up :thumbs:

Someone mention my name :shifty: :shifty:

What a time to find a link honestly

Have you nipped down to B & Q to take the pics :lol:

Okay :)

Firstly just screw the black reducer onto the tap and then click the hozelock yellow male adapter onto that, run the tap hard for a few seconds to make sure there are no leaks.

Then connect that to one of these Here

Then connect the grey screw end of that to a small piece (Few "s) of the yellow hozelock bendable hosepipe. Then connect the other end of the to another one of these Here

Then click one of these in Here

You then screw the screwy side into your black osmoitics tap connector which is also attached at the other end to your RO tubing.

Check all your fittings and make sure they are tight and then turn your tap on, hopefully you should be okay now :)

I'd imagine your tap will easily make 50PSI, mine can go up to about 70 but i use 60 as it's safer to use inside for me, luckily yours is outside so you don't have to worry about leaks flooding your house :lol:

BTW what phone have you got? The pictures a better quality than my hunk of junk digi cam :lol:

HTH
Dan

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
AH thats greats thanks! ill get one tomoz hopefully, does it matter that the piping is like quite long as i have all those connectors on a large amount of piping? lol my phone is a samsung d500. But now i mearly went to work today came back and my fish have oodinium by looks of it! :-( and well im basically F*cked to put it blunt.

cool, have u got a pic of ur plumping please it be good to get an idea.

great thanks, omg u do it in ur bath? the pressure must be quite low u got a booster? when u run the unit u get loads of waste water and like a slower pouring of pure water?

Yea i do it in my bath sadly, wish i had a garden tap for the extra saftey but i don't :(
The tap can get my PSI up to 70 without a booster so it's more than enough :)

I don't get loads of waste water just a few more drips than the product water, when you're flushing the unit you get loads of water coming out of the waste and only a few drips out out of the product but you don't use this water (Like silly me did :rolleyes:)

Remeber to flush the first 5 gallons of product water

yer like ive got to run it for an hour before i cn use the water, but sayin that i need the connections :p plus ive just order a pressure gage so i know wot im running on :) this thing is working out alot more expensive then i thght! ohwell the life of marine fishkeeping :p

Most reactions

trending

Back