Rio 125l Something New?

loubega

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
448
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK, south east
hi all,

have a fully established 125l planted tank, it looks great and have a nice shoal of harlequins and pristella tetra (aprrox 20) and 1 BN, 1 SAE and 1 curviceps

i am looking to maybe do something new? or get something a bit different?

I have had angels, dwarfs etc....was looking at maybe apisto's but am worried they may become agressive with my curvicep.

Anyone got any ideas on what i could do? if needs be i could move all my fish out of the 125 into different tanks...was looking at maybe going with shell dweeling cichlids as well?

cheers any advice is welcome
 
You probably have had no answer's as it's not clear what you are asking :huh:

As for the set up you mentioned it is stocked as it is and your other tank is too or are you suggesting another tank....if so what are you considering?
 
If you want a complete change, how about a low end brackish setup with a Figure 8 puffer or two and a swarm of bumblebee gobies?

Or you could buy my pair of Corydoras pantanalensis off me :lol:
 
You probably have had no answer's as it's not clear what you are asking :huh:

As for the set up you mentioned it is stocked as it is and your other tank is too or are you suggesting another tank....if so what are you considering?

sorry i didnt make it clear at all!

i wouldnt buy another tank, i would give away my shoal of harlequins and pristellas to my mate who is interested, but only if i could fill it with something else.....

im really interested in shell dwellers, but this would mean a total change...taking out all the plants etc...

on the other hand, Dwarf Puffers sound really fun to keep.

Just looking for something a little bit different and unusual to keep, interested in nellys snakeheads as well
 
Hi I see. :good:

If you were looking at a complete change of stock without changing the layout much then what about Apistos?

If you are prepared to keep the water velvet soft and a ph of 6.0 (acidic) these fish look great and can be kept in a tank of that size.
I confess to be only stabbing in the dark here as I know very little other than what I have said about these little wonders

Apistogramma20cacatuoides20Super20R.jpg


WZ4R9408ER.jpg
 
Hi I see. :good:

If you were looking at a complete change of stock without changing the layout much then what about Apistos?

If you are prepared to keep the water velvet soft and a ph of 6.0 (acidic) these fish look great and can be kept in a tank of that size.
I confess to be only stabbing in the dark here as I know very little other than what I have said about these little wonders

Apistogramma20cacatuoides20Super20R.jpg


WZ4R9408ER.jpg

wow they are amamzing photos!

yea have kept bolivan rams and dwarf flag cichlids.....wanted to keep kribs but havent seen any that really take my eye.

Do you know what species these are? going back to world of water next thursday as the manager said he is getting a few different apistos in...however he did say i could keep a Jack Dempsey in my tank...i immediately questioned him and he made some excuse...
 
Just Google apistos but clik images :good: Loads of pictures and info
 
was maybe looking at getting buck tooth tetra? have heard they grow between 3-6 " in captitivity?

i was wondering if they would be ok in a 125l tank? thats about 27 gallons?

does anyone have any experience of keeping them?
 
I have seen the Buck Toothed Tetra, quite a tough and colourful fish. They were suggested to me by a LFS for something different to add to my Tanganyikan set-up but I decided against it.....didn't seem right somehow

Good fish though :good:
 
hehe a plug always works wonder's, but seriously<actually nelly serious :shifty: >Snakehead's love planted tank's and the denser the better, most snakehead keeper's have tanks with plants, ok mines plastic mostly but it work's :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top