Rhysiboy's Nano Thread

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

90 liter = 23.775 484 612 gallon [US, liquid]. Onlineconversion.com is your friend, but great guess :)

No tangs. Even if you "plan" to re-home a baby once it gets bigger, nothing ever goes as planned... Don't risk getting too attached to the fish to move it. Not to mention that a sick tang in a 24g tank is a nightmare waiting to happen to any other livestock in the tank. Save the tank for after uni or whenever you get a real job and can afford a big tank to take care of it :good:

yerp okay understood :good: anyway i think a tang in a big tank would be much more rewarding than cramming it in a tank like mine. Im just looking for some colours in fish and i want something blue (looking at damsels and yes ive heard the horro stories) and something yelow (preferbly not a goby but they seem to be the only yellow fish that is suitable :/ i also like them 6 line wrasee's too. . All help will be gladly welcomd. oh and by the way i just cant fight the urge to put in clowns (ocelaris) so i want 4-5 fish all in all (would this be overstocked?) :)

rhyiboy

right so although twill be a way down the line before i will add any fish additions heres my final descision fish wise (all to be added very gradualy probably one species a month)

2 ocelaris clowns
3 blue green chromis
1 sixline wrasse
1 watchman goby

Now for my choice of clean up crew
6 ammount of algae snails (suggestions apreciated)
6 ammount of different snails (again as above. preferbly not ones that can be eaten easily and dont fall over)<-- y'a no what i mean
6 scarlet hermit cleaners
2 skunk cleaner shrimp (will be added after the guys that do stuff and before fish)

now corals (baring in mind i have 2x18w pc ligthing (all in corect spectrum) and also maidenfan has same lighting i think and a deeper tank and he has succesful corals)

colony of mushrooms
colony of zoanthids
leather

now this one is a maybe but someone on a diferent forum sugested i could do a frogspawn coral but unsure on that one

just thought id lay out a plan for livestock :)

looking good rhys i'm looking at maybe having a sixline they are lovely fish also like the look of neon gobies and coral beauties anyway enjoy tour new tank mate :good: :good:

as a matter of fact yes
i got my live rock today :)
hers some pictures of the beautiful stuff

PC270145.jpg

PC270144.jpg

PC270143.jpg

PC270142.jpg

PC270141.jpg

PC270140.jpg

PC270139.jpg

PC270138.jpg

PC270137.jpg

PC270136.jpg

PC270120.jpg

PC270119.jpg

PC270118.jpg

PC270117.jpg

PC270116.jpg

if you see any things on there that you know what they are then please say knowledge is power :good: hope you all like :D

Looks great, lots of nice lookin calcerous algaes and what looks like a dead montipora coral

would that be the red thingi or the bleached white thing? and would it ever regro?

thanks it is much apreciated. i will be adding more live rock before adding any clean up crew or fish of sorts

i was just watching this morning and i saw about 5 little tiny white things no bigger than 1mm scurrying along. it was funnny to watch em when two ran into each otheer coz they started to raise up the front part of there body. Also i think ive spottted a tiny pest anemone and a small bit of bubble algae. quite ironic how they are right next to each other o well makes it easier to get rid of em both :) also does any one know what the redish brown twig thing is in my pictures above?

Either a macro algae or the remnants of a sea fan that was picked off by the rock collectors would be my guess

oki dokey thanks for the help :) alls i need is this skimmer to stop putting out micro bubbles and i can relax and enjoy

rhysib oy

Most reactions

Back