Reviews Of Fluval Roma 125

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thanks guys, i think i am going custom built now, with the roma 125 cabinet.. will look better for the aquascape

thanks anyways

I have the fluval Roma 125 and I have been very pleased with it.It looks nice and is an adequate size for the fish I keep.I agree with the other comments about the hood being in three parts with the lighting unit being the middle part.This is well illustrated by the pictures kindly shown by another member.It is a nuisance having to move them all out of the way for maintainance.

I used the internal filter for a while,but over stocked the fish and it could not cope, so I reduced the number of fish and changed it for a Fluval 305 which I am very pleased with.

Good value for money and nicely fits in the space I had available in our front room.

My wife likes it and she is never wrong :shout:

fluval = fail !!!

Even the filters? ;)

Mike

:rolleyes: nope not the filters!!

tanks = fail

why ?

just my opinion and experiance!!

ive had 2 fluvals,both leaked!!

i got told a big batch had problems with the silicon around the top bezel,and any surface movement on the water and you would get drips!! i got 2 puddles!!

even a well known lfs near me told me after a big argument,they wasnt the best,i was confused why they sold it to me then knowing this!!

If only my cabinet had instructions.

My 125 is awesome in my opinion. Like others i run a 305 external rather than internal but thats only due to the fact that i once owned a very messy puffer lmao.

As mentioned by others though, the lid is annoying, the lights can get algea due to the close proximity to the water and alas mine has a slight leak from one side. If i keep the level down ever so slightly it doesn't leak though.

This is a fluval external right? I'm looking at getting the fluval 125 but read somewhere that the lid doesn't fit right with an external fitted? I have a fluval 105 external n wanna run it with the u3 but don't wanna start having to cut the lid. How deep are the indents on the 125 please? I've measured the pipes/clips where they go over the top of the glass and mine measures just over 1inch

I don't get how they fit on ur 90l but not on the bigger models i'd have thought it would be the other way lol

I don't know what Hagen have done because the Roma 200 at work which was purchased 2 years ago had little snap out bits on the back frame to allow for external filter pipes as do the display models at my LFS. The new 240 I've bought for home doesn't but that's okay because the pipes fit through the pre-drilled holes in the bottom. However, the Roma 200 I bought for home last year doesn't have the holes in the base, neither does it have snap out bits in the frame which means the lid has to be cut :S

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back