Repashy Soilent Green

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi I got some Repashy Soilent Green for the first time. I tried to make some up last night and only made a small amount in a flat bowl and its not really worked. I think I did 15 grams of the powder to 30 ml of boiling water, its made like a dark green watery paste but not a gel like I was expecting. I was expecting it to look like a sheet of gelatine but not sure if thats right?

Any one got any advice?

Wills

I could be wrong, but don't you have to refrigerate it to set the paste? That would be the quickest way. Alternatively I've read that you can let the paste set at room temp but that would likely take much longer than if you put it in the fridge.

Yes Soylent green is made from ground up people..
would you like another serving?
36441C1A-B393-4F03-96AF-96ABAE296282.gif

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but don't you have to refrigerate it to set the paste? That would be the quickest way. Alternatively I've read that you can let the paste set at room temp but that would likely take much longer than if you put it in the fridge.
I put it in the fridge overnight but still a bit odd consistency.

isn't soilent green made from people?
Genuinely cant tell if you are joking or not haha? Can you enlighten me please.

I put it in the fridge overnight but still a bit odd consistency.

You could try your next batch with slightly less water. You also want stir it well to get a somewhat thick paste consistency (think toothpaste) before setting it aside to set. That should do the trick.

here is how i make it (and my pygmy cory go nuts for the stuff with the otto):
1 1/4 cup in bowl
1 1/2 cup of BOILING water
mix until all the particles are disolved (think jellow)
pour into ice cube tray
put in fridge
---
I think part of the problem is 15 gram is not 1/2 the volume as 30 ml of water. You want 1/2 the volume of powder as water.

Yeah its a type of food made by Repashy but I imagine they have called it that because of the film lol.

I'm kinda surprised that neither of you have heard about it before!
Great movie, a classic. Check the trailer Fishmaniac linked :D
It's a real movie??? Yoooo I thought I would have known it lol... It just looks really weird and everytime they say: "WHAT IS THE SECRET OF SOYLENT GREEN" I laugh 🤣

The marketing idiots must be all in their 20's 30's . A movie with very good reviews BTW

It’s a must watch movie. Makes you ponder about what could happen as food supplies diminish around the world. Charlton Heston and Edward G Robinson, two old time actors are acting in it.

Last edited:
It’s a must watch movie. Makes you ponder about what could happen as food supplies diminish around the world.
Maybe I'll check it out... How "family friendly" is it?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back