Rena Xp3 - What Do You Think About It?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

anvil63

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I did some searching on google and here in the forums about this filter, and it seems that almost everyone likes them. The one thing that I keep finding is that the are slightly louder than the eheim.

Since I'm poor and can't afford an eheim for my sized tank I bought an xp3. I was hoping I could get some more input on the strengths and weaknesses of this filter. It is going on a 150gal that is currently filtered by 2 Magnum 350s (one relatively new and still in good shape, the other about ten-fifteen years old with a max water flow aroud 100 gal/hour). It will be replacing the old decrepit Magnum.

Carl

:/ It is quiet enough for me to have it in my room and me to go to sleep with it on... an Aquaclear 70 makes more noise then the xp3... and if it bothers you just put a foam case around it. -_-

My Rena tank came with an XP3 that I still use, along with a Eheim Pro 3, it's an OK filter IMO. It is a little louder than the Ehiem plus when i tried to use the spray bar it made this horrible squeaking noise :crazy:.
Also the priming system isn't to my liking.

It would'nt be on top of my shopping list if I were to buy a new filter but I'm sure there are people who do like them. HTH.

thanks guys that makes me feel better. I really wanted an eheim, but it was a bit to spendy. A lot of other sites had reviewed them and said they worked well, but were a bit noisy, but I wanted to get some input here as I have come to trust the advice from this board.

Thanks

thanks guys that makes me feel better. I really wanted an eheim, but it was a bit to spendy. A lot of other sites had reviewed them and said they worked well, but were a bit noisy, but I wanted to get some input here as I have come to trust the advice from this board.

Thanks

I have a cascade 1000 canister and cant hear it at all, it pumps 300gph with no noice to my ears in my bedroom.

Thanks
In the same boat as you, I didn't want to spend $200+ on an Eheim Pro, so I got the XP2. Quiet and effective filter for much less than the Eheim.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back