Red-Tailed Sharks

I found that if i turned the tank lights on quickly or for some reason i starttle my shark...he will dart right to the top of the tank...and a few times its the lid thats stopped him from jumpin right out.....also Red tailed black sharks become more aggressive with age/size ...i found that as mine gets bigger...he gets better at thrownin himself around. :)

mines a fairly good size and he has never jumped or tried to jump outo f my tank, i dont even have a canopy, just a aqualight on the top of the tank....so far so good i guess haha :D

I like these fish , but am very wary about getting one, because some of my other fish are pretty expensive and similar ish enough shape to perhaps be targeted.

I get the impression that alot of people who have these fish that are preaceful are only a small size and that when they get larger ~4-6" they start to be buggers.

Any peeps with friendly bigguns? :p

Mine is only about 1.5-2" and occasionally chases my Blue Gourami's around but nothing serious or often.

i used to have a 5" RTBS in my 23 Gal.
along with alot of barbs and gouramis.
For some weird reason he LOVED chasing my barbs lol it was funny to watch. But one day the tabels turned... i woke up to find 8 little barbs eating his dead body... my first reaction was laugher for the fact i had never seen something like this. But then i started to miss him as he was a great fish.

Most reactions

Back