Red spotted severum

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Agreed. The only thing I can’t seem to get down, is how to “properly” suck up the debris! Does it just take a long time to get down? :)

Hey everyone one I'm back so after a week of treatment and increased temperature more or less all but one or two spots are only present now. So I'm in a pickle wether the white spot has been eradicated or still present. The meds I've been using nt labs has said not to do water changes for 7days after treatment would you all follow this info as the tanks starting to look like it's seen better days

If it is whitespot and there are one or two spots still there you need to keep going with the heat treatment (Colin recommends two weeks).
If the tank needs cleaning, do it. If the medication hasnt been in for long enough you can replace some of it - for example if you remove 10 litres of water, medicate with the dose required for the new 10 litres. Then do a large water change and add carbon when the tank has been treated for the full 7 days.

You don't need to use chemicals/ medication to kill white spot if you use heat treatment. The 30C water will kill the parasites without the need for chemicals.

If most of the spots are still there, it isn't white spot. But continue the high temperature for a second week because some of the fish were rubbing.

I've only used medication as going into lots of research my knifefish can not take temperature over 30 degrees so it's been on 28.5 for 7 days I suppose now I could maybe try uping the temp another couple degrees. It's just I've read 35 will kill ich and probably some of my fish by my read up, i have done 7 days treatment as well with yesterday being the 7th day my severum looked so much better then today there looks to be more that have appeared. On one plus side I've noticed no ones flashing anymore. I just carnt keep the meds in much longer the white on my ghost knifefish is turning red bless it

First pick is from today 2nd pic is from day before

Attachments

• IMG_20190722_094048.jpg
    IMG_20190722_094048.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20190719_091032.jpg
    IMG_20190719_091032.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 82
He is looking much better! I agree, you don’t need to use medication to treat ich, you just need to raise the temperature of the water, good luck! :)

Thanks for the help everyone it's just hard with so much conflicting information out there that one ways best and other ways aren't visa versa. Temps are guna gradually get up to 30 hopefully buggers won't reproduce just took 30 liters out cleaning the sand ‍♂️ il try owt to save my fish haha

I don't blame you for the 'belt and braces' approach - I've done the same when I've been unsure.Hopefully cleaning the substrate will have reduced the parasite too. Your fish is a handsome specimen, wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

Thank you yes I'm hoping so too, think I may do it every other day now if it means little by little is eradicated. I've had it from the size off a small coin to the 7" it is now so being attached to it is an understatement

Most reactions

trending

Back