Red Slider Adventure.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I got a call one night the school could no longer look after their Red Sliders. They had been living in a bath and no one knew what to do with them. So, I took them on. I built them a new home. With about as much luxury as a red slider or three could have. I kept these guys for about a year, until someone said they loved them, so I packed them up and set the tank up in their new home where they still are. Sometimes you just do things because you must.
022 (2).JPG

006.JPG

Was expecting the little ones I used to see in the aquarium shops in the 60s. Those are pretty big. Is that a nepenthes over the tank. How do they get out to sun themselves. Can they climb out on the left side.

Yes nepenthes on the left and african violets through the middle. There were three four foot T8 tubes under the light hood plus a sun lamp witch you can see but it is not switched on. They had a ramp to climb up onto the left hand side and along the back was a sand beach. The tank was a four foot tank. It was placed in the windows so it would get natural light almost all day

with my experience with red eared sliders, I'm surprised half of your decoration wasn't knocked down

IMG_0371.JPG

this is my red eared slider tank, also a 4 foot tank
It's an older photo of it empty, but right now I keep it minimal with sand, a few rocks, and a big air stone
The basking area is placed in front of a window so I can open it and allow natural light in too

with my experience with red eared sliders, I'm surprised half of your decoration wasn't knocked down

View attachment 147731
this is my red eared slider tank, also a 4 foot tank
It's an older photo of it empty, but right now I keep it minimal with sand, a few rocks, and a big air stone
The basking area is placed in front of a window so I can open it and allow natural light in too
They used kick things around they had a couple of pieces of drift wood that they would play football with

I had two males and a female. At one stage the males decide they fancied the female, and they started to show off in front of her, picking things up chasing each other and carrying on. She just backed her butt into a corner of the tank and you called see her saying " Really guys you will have to do better than that" she looked so unimpressed by their antics it was so funny to watch.

Most reactions

trending

Back