Red Pregnant Guppy

-Chewy-

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just felt like posting some pictures of my pregnant guppy. She is about 2 and a half weeks along and has already given birth 2 batches since I bought her. :D
Enjoy and pls comment!

Attachments

• Red_Guppy_2.jpg
    Red_Guppy_2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 34
Thanks Sue :D
She is the first guppy I owned that managed to survive my tank cycling.
She's tough! :flex:
Hey, anyone else got any comments??

she looks nice especially that tail it looks like shes fatting up.

hey my guppy is also about that big and is 2 weeks and a day into the birth we should have the fry about the same time thats pretty cool but yah ive never had fry and dont know what to do i have a 25 gallon thats it so i was just gonna get a tank divder and do this 1/3 of the tank for a breeding section or about half what do you think i should do and how much longer do i have till i get my first ever fry :D

Hi ftx9,

First of all, I am not sure that a tank divider's hole opening is small that the guppy fry cannot swim through. :dunno:
Anyway, the ideal way is to get a 3 - 5 gallon tank. I read that you only have a 25 gallon tank. Well, thats ok, I didn't it gotta be a glass tank. It could be a cheap plastic container that you could buy from any store. However, if you are living where it is winter-spring now, then you gotta to worry about coldness.
I don't really think that dividing your tank is the best way, coz guppy fry tank need much much more water change than a normal tank (50% water change every 3-5 days) which is very difficult to do in a 25 gallon tank and stressing for the adult fishes too.

Good Luck to you, and keep us inform. (Post some pictures of your guppy!)

-Chewy-

Chewy- said:
Hi all,

Just felt like posting some pictures of my pregnant guppy. She is about 2 and a half weeks along and has already given birth 2 batches since I bought her. :D
Enjoy and pls comment!
AWESOME pics! what kind of camera do you use? :blink:

Oh thanks olive :*)
I m using Sony Cybershot DSC-P71. Heehee, I am trying to be a freshmike #2.
However, far from it, lol! :lol:
This is another picture that i posted b4, and i think its a nice shot.

Thanks for the compliment! :)
-Chewy-

Attachments

• Pregnant_Lyretail_Guppy.jpg
    Pregnant_Lyretail_Guppy.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 40
although i would like to get a seperate tank i cant im not aloud my mom said im not aloud having more than one tank which realy is a bummer adn i dont know what to do except get a tank divider becuasse i only have 15 bucks what should i do
ps i cant post pics of my guppy because i dont have a digital camera but i have this

Attachments

• guppy.JPG
    guppy.JPG
    4.4 KB · Views: 34
heres an exact pic not my fish but exactly the same but mine you can see the big dark gravid spot
guppys.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back