Red Parrot X Jack Dempsey?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishyguy123

Reaction score
I need help! My Red Parrot just layed eggs and i think it mated with my Jack Dempsey. My Jack Dempsey is the only other fish in the tank. Can they succesfully mate and have babies? Will the eggs hatch?

I need help! My Red Parrot just layed eggs and i think it mated with my Jack Dempsey. My Jack Dempsey is the only other fish in the tank. Can they succesfully mate and have babies? Will the eggs hatch?
Congrats!^^ Well if they are a pair then they'll probably get eaten the first few times that they lay, but will get it right, and yes they will prduce fry but might be oddly colored,

What kind of colour will they be? Also, can anyone give me an estimate of when they will hatch. Do I leave the female and male both in there, or do i take them out? The Red Parrot is female and the Jack Dempsey is the male.

When two people have kids do you know what they'll look like? Its nature, who knows what colours they'll be - thats part of the fun with hybrids.

I'd leave them both in there to do their bit. They may eat the eggs/fry the first few times, if you want you could take them both out and leave an air stone right next to the clutch of eggs. This will act as the mother fanning them. They'll probably take 2-3 days to hatch - that's a guess based on my breeding jack dempseys. No idea if it'll differ due to the female being a Parrot.

Good luck!

I've never heard of anyone having this cross or even JD's breeding with Red Devil/Midas. The other crosses I have seen with JD's involved the much more closly related Convict Cichlid and Texas Cichlid though I have actually seen a JD/Jaguar Cichlid. So yeh I would say it's entirely possible. Keep us updated and have you any pics?

I've never heard of anyone having this cross or even JD's breeding with Red Devil/Midas. The other crosses I have seen with JD's involved the much more closly related Convict Cichlid and Texas Cichlid though I have actually seen a JD/Jaguar Cichlid. So yeh I would say it's entirely possible. Keep us updated and have you any pics?

I will try to take some pics, i havent done it too much before so I might not be able to upload them. I will keep you uploaded.

Hey guys, i took the pics and got it on my computer. How do I upload them?

go to photo bucket make an acount,then upload, the after go back to your home , click on the picture, after you do that on the right side will be your picture, the on the left more in the bottom the will be this thing called IMG code, copy and paste that in your post.

go to photo bucket make an acount,then upload, the after go back to your home , click on the picture, after you do that on the right side will be your picture, the on the left more in the bottom the will be this thing called IMG code, copy and paste that in your post.

Thanks for the info, but i cant sign up. I need an American (USA) zipcode, but im from Canada. Is there any way to switch it to postal code? If not, could you provide me with an American zip code or a diffrent website?

Thanks for the info, but i cant sign up. I need an American (USA) zipcode, but im from Canada. Is there any way to switch it to postal code? If not, could you provide me with an American zip code or a diffrent website?
you dont need a zipcode? im from canada and i signed up perfectly

I tried to join, but it keeps saying i need a zipcode. Also, are you talking about photobucket.com or .ca

Hey guys, I found an american zipcode to sign up. I will post the 5 pictures of my fish. Also, does anyone know why my Jack Dempsey fish keeps piling rocks in all the corners of the tank? Also, is it good or bad if the eggs are brownish. Since i took the pictures the number of eggs has greatly decreased, does anybody know why?

Ok, here are the pictures.I am going to upload them 1 by 1.

redparrotandjackdempsey3.jpg

RedParrotandJackDempsey2pjg.jpg

RedParrotandJackDempsey.jpg

RedParrotEggz.jpg

RedParrotEgg.jpg

Try and give the link to the photo,. or host it direct. I think you've used the thumbnail and thats why there so small. Can't see anything from them being so small :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back