red eye tetra

iloveyou

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i have had 3 of these guys for about 5 months now... they are quite big... they are doin some really weird things... i know nothing about breeding them... but it seems like they doin some courtship dance... one of them keeps chasin the other two and nippin at their anal fins kinda if ya kno what i mean lol..... then they kinda go about an inch apart and turn their bodies all weird... i donno what theyre doing... lol... kinda freaked me out .. anyone got any ideas?

:fish:

These are not particulaly difficult to breed, and I would think that you are quite possibly seeing spawning when you say they " turn their bodies all weird... ". Watch carefully when they do this and see if you can see eggs being scattered at those moments.

For the eggs to survive without being eaten you'll need to set up a purpose breeding tank. The eggs develop but tend not to hatch in hard water.

bah... theyre in a community tank with bunch of other fish... if i actually see eggs then maybe ill separate them.. but right now the eggs wont survive

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back