Red bumps on ADF. PLEASE HELP!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tonitetra

Reaction score
I have a 37 gallon tank with 2 ADF frogs. My water levels are within normal limits, there is no ammonia and no nitrite. I had 3 but one died and was suffering from red bumps all over its face. It started about a month ago with one bump on his lip and then it progressed to many red irritated bumps all over his face. I have attached a photo of what it looked like before he died. I have been trying to research it because I don't know if it was fungal or bacterial infection. . Also, before he died he began to bloat and when I took him out of the tank, after he died, he had a red leg. This makes me think it was maybe red-leg disease.. It was only the bumps on his face and surprisingly there was no loss of appetite. I am worried it will spread to my other frogs, and I am not sure what to treat the tank with or treat it for.
1600976621948.png

Those are not ADFs, they're ACF's - the larger African clawed frogs. They have no webbing on their front feet, which identifies them as ACFs.
If they are in with fish they need to be moved as they will eat fish as they grow. Females can reach 10 to 12 cm (4 to 5 inches) though males are smaller.

But I know very little about clawed frogs or their diseases, I'm afraid.

It looks like a bacterial infection, however I can't offer much help with treating them. Perhaps contact your local zoo and see if they have a herpetology/ amphibian section. If they do, send them the picture and ask what they would treat them with.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back