recommended betta food?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hello! i'm planing to get 5 female bettas for my 47 gal comunity tank (freshwater) and recomnded betta foods? i saw a really good one on etsy, but theres alot of store brand pellet food and flake food. i used to feed my bettas just pellet food, i had one pack for like, 6 years... i want to up my game in fish care, all of my past fish, exept my 1 past betta (ill tell you about him in another thread, promise) had a bad life. like, really bad.

link to the etsy food: https://www.etsy.com/listing/560665801/betta-mason-jar-meal-one-4-oz-betta-food?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=betta+food&ref=sc_gallery-1-1&plkey=03a094a32d2885380b762ecb24d23159206d107c:560665801&frs=1

does it seem good? if not, any recomendations?

Edit: I'm not getting female bettas any time soon.... It's been months and I've learned a lot more and am no longer that stupid :fun::lol:

Last edited:
The linked mix sounds okay for treats a couple times a week, but bloodworms are pretty fatty and not good for a staple diet. I only feed blood worms once a week to any of my fish. I really like bug bites micro pellets, they are very easy to digest.
It is also good to offer a variety of food, so I also have a spirulina flake and color flake from bugbites. I feed freeze dried daphnia, rehydrate freeze dried tubifex, frozen foods like gut loaded brineshrim, and blanched peas once a week. I also fast all of my fish once a week.
Not everyone has that much of a variety, but maybe a veggie based flake and a micropellet food in addition to your blood worm mix would be good.

My betta loved bug bites and brine shrimp... Also mosquito larvae when I could get hold of it. They wouldn't eat veggies or flake but you can try them

Hello :)
If pellets you should choose 50% protein food with no flours.
Ocean Nutrition Betta Food Pro (pellets) is a good alternative to Fluval and OmegaOne.
But preferably live food as said above.

hello! i'm planing to get 5 female bettas for my 47 gal comunity tank (freshwater)
I am just curious, what else exactly will be in the community tank? I know you have mentioned bloodfin tetras in other threads, and just thought you should know that certain kinds of tetras can be veryyyy nippy, especially with beautiful fins like a betta's!

I am just curious, what else exactly will be in the community tank? I know you have mentioned bloodfin tetras in other threads, and just thought you should know that certain kinds of tetras can be veryyyy nippy, especially with beautiful fins like a betta's!
You're right but females have shorter fins.
That said, females Betta will set a (strict) hierarchy amongst each other.
Remember Betta does prefer soft and acidic water.

You're right but females have shorter fins.
I would figure it could still be a problem, because their fins are still longer than, say, other tetras. I had one of my purple dragon guppies get caught up in a piece of decor when I was moving plants to my bigger tank, and the tetras ripped him to pieces. Guppies don't really have long fins like bettas even.:blush:

Depending on the betta, I would consider a female bettas fins “fluttery” enough to be a bit more cautious with tetras. Not saying it can’t work, I just mention it as a possible concern

yep. imma have tetras snails and shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back