Ready to get back in the hobby!

oldgreybull

Reaction score
It has been 20 years, but in the past I very much enjoyed setting up and caring for tropical fish tanks. I have never had a salt water tank, as I really prefer fresh water setups. Now that I'm retired and no longer traveling extensively I'm eager to get started again.
At one time I had two 29 gal tanks and one 55 gal tank. Spread out between them I had a setup for African cichlids and also community tanks.
I'm currently building a new house and have planned an area in my great room for one or more tanks - power outlets, water, and suitable flooring.
I'll be starting from scratch and look forward to using this forum as I select a tank (one at first!), stand, equipment, and also look for sources of fish.
I know that much has changed in the 20 years I've been out of the hobby. I hope to learn what is new, what are the best options, and generally gain information to help me avoid pitfalls.
I'm excited - I finally have the time, space and resources to relax and enjoy what I know is an enjoyable pastime!

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the hobby! I look forward to seeing your tank when you get one set up, and all the others that will follow. ;)

Hello. Good for you. Time to have a little fun. I'm recently retired and make sure I have a lot of time for my tanks. To me, the more things change in this hobby, the more they stay the same. For instance, bigger tanks are better and if you change out most of the tank water weekly, you'll have no tank problems.

10 Tanks (now 11)

Hi, welcome to TFF & welcome back to the hobby... :hi:

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back