RD, GT, and Jaguar in a 125???

Xxzsdrklakdfj

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is it enough room for these fish when fully grown?? I dont have the 125 or jaguar at present, but plan on getting one in the near future. I have an oscar ( about three inches) growing out in a 29 that is going to go in my 75 with two pairs of convicts, some bristlenose and common plecs. And i want to get a 125 for my GT and RD, and also would love to get a Jaguar for this tank. will i have problems with aggression? I more worried about aggression to and from the Jaguar because my GT and RD have an unusual bond IMO, althoguh my RD is still a baby ( only seven inches :p ), but they almost seem to enjoy each others company. would they possibly bully a jaguar? And i no for sure i am getting the tank, so should i maybe buy the jaguar and grow it out before getting the larger tank and putting a smaller specimen say 4-5 inches in with two full grown predators?

sorry, that post was me, my cuzin was over here again and signed on his name and forgot to log out. :angry: :S

You may have problems with aggression, but I don't think anything will bully the Jaguar. Those guys are seriously brutal.

imo, the tank would be big enough for the three of them. i have found from my rd's that they tend to be more tolerant of fish that they are grown out with than fish that are introduced to them at a later time. i would suggest growing out the three together. i have two rd's and a green terror in my 180 along with some other fish. the female rd i grew out with several other fish one of which is the green terror. the other rd i got when he was about 1 1/2 years old. very ornery! ate anything that would fit in his mouth and bullied all of the others. now he has mellowed but is still intolerant of new tankmates for the first 6 months or so. i would overstock the 125. if you want your main fish to be the trio, then get a couple of breeding convicts to provide fresh food for them and some bottomfeeders. they are very messy. imo the one fish that you are going to have to worry about aggression is the jaguar. imo, they tend to be more aggressive than the rd.

maggie

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back