Rcs Gender

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow that is some nice tanks you got there :drool: I wish I had one of those set-ups.

I'm in Asia specifically in the Philippines if that would matter :lol:

I read local paper once in a while but none posts an ad about pets. I think it is just the way here.
I was tempted to try ebay but i'm afraid that when the package arrives, the RCS are dead. Because I don't really trust the freight services around here.

And shipping from lets say US to Philippines is too costly and almost zero rate of pet survivability.

Umm they seem to send fish from Asia to America and England commercially without too many issues, but I have to admit I have no clue how a private noncommerical shipment would go. Cherry shrimp are naturally from Taiwan, and they have to have been collected and bred originally only locally before they where commercially bred and now avaialable practically all over the world.

Even some of the most beautiful fresh water shrimp imaginable are only just being discovered in Sulawesi, so I was wondering or rather thinking do you have any local creeks/ streams or rivers that are fairly natural and not heavily poliuted close to you, that you could take a butterfly or fish net to and try skimming through the plant life to find some local shrimp?

Just trying to think laterally here, is there any local fish farms that you know of or even a public aquarium? Either one of these might be able to help you in your quest for find some cherry shrimp.
Failing these I am at a bit of a lose for how else you could get some cherry shrimp.

One last thought a local University or High School biology department might also have some contacts in the fish hobby.

Umm they seem to send fish from Asia to America and England commercially without too many issues, but I have to admit I have no clue how a private noncommerical shipment would go. Cherry shrimp are naturally from Taiwan, and they have to have been collected and bred originally only locally before they where commercially bred and now avaialable practically all over the world.

Even some of the most beautiful fresh water shrimp imaginable are only just being discovered in Sulawesi, so I was wondering or rather thinking do you have any local creeks/ streams or rivers that are fairly natural and not heavily poliuted close to you, that you could take a butterfly or fish net to and try skimming through the plant life to find some local shrimp?

Just trying to think laterally here, is there any local fish farms that you know of or even a public aquarium? Either one of these might be able to help you in your quest for find some cherry shrimp.
Failing these I am at a bit of a lose for how else you could get some cherry shrimp.

One last thought a local University or High School biology department might also have some contacts in the fish hobby.

I once had a talk from a LFS and I was told that imported fish are only bought by bulk so it would be too much for me. It seems so but right now I'm a bit lose in LFS.

Actually I'm in a process of finding clean local streams/creeks. Maybe I'll find near my area and hopefully it won't be illegal catching local habitat there.

From universities? I really doubt it. Universities here are not that sophisticated.

Thanks for having the time to reply. A lot of help to me and others that might have the same issue :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back