Rate my tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Ryan_F

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just added some new plants and gravel, also have a background to add, what do you think of my tank? Advice would be greatly appreciated
c0ff36b09e661e627e86ed15f60965d9.jpg
fb5b88ee3024f879d5c07520dbdaa495.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it! Especially when the plants grow out a bit...

Iā€™ve had the moss for probably 2 months? It hasnā€™t grown much, does it grow really slow? Itā€™s fontailis

I was just reading around on that moss, and it looks like it might grow slowly, so I wouldn't worry.

Yeah I saw that then, thanks for letting me know, anything you think I should add or just let them grow out? Iā€™ve noticed how much more comfortable they are now they have more cover. A lot more colourful, Iā€™ve never seen them like this

Very nice! Iā€™d still add a few more plants. Love the natural substrate color!

Very nice! Iā€™d still add a few more plants. Love the natural substrate color!

Like what though? The substrate is called ā€˜gold rushā€™ itā€™s comes from a river in New Zealand

Looks good, will be nice to follow the progression as the plants grow some more :)

Looks good, will be nice to follow the progression as the plants grow some more :)

I can do that, if I remember , how often? Weekly, every 2 weeks or every month?

We are very limited in what we can have here, because of quarintines restrictions if you leave a few carpets I can see if I can have them here. Cheers

Maybe just an Anubias. They got full.

Maybe just an Anubias. They got full.

Iā€™ve ordered an Anubias for them to keep in a bag because all of the ones they have in stock have BBA I just bought a ā€œvioletā€ itā€™s like a purpley green plant, it will add a nice colour difference I think, anubias should be in on Tuesday/Wednesday do you think anubias nana is the go?

Anubias are not true aquatic plants and don't grow to their full potential when kept underwater. Get them if you like but I don't like them in aquariums.They are much better grown in a pot by a window or under a tree.

Some good plants to try include Ambulia, Hygrophila polysperma and ruba/ rubra, Elodia/ Hydrilla, Ludwigia, narrow Vallis, common Amazon Sword plant, and Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta).

Water Sprite is a floating plant but can also be grown in the substrate. the other plants should be planted in the gravel. Anubias should be tied to some wood or rock where they will attach to and grow slowly.

-------------------------
How much light is on the tank and how long is it on for?
Some plants like Ambulia and Hygrophila sp will close their leaves up when they have had enough light. The top set of leaves will close up against each other and then the next set closes up against the stem and so on down the plant. Leave the light on for about 1 hour after the top few sets of leaves have closed up against the stem, then turn it off.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back