Raphael catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You can put the bloodworms wherever. They are amazing predators and will find prey faster than just about everything else you have in your tank. I wouldn't dig up earthworms without being 100% sure that the worms haven't been exposed to pesticides or anything else nasty. I buy live blackworms and tubifex, usually, from the LFS.

You can put the bloodworms wherever. They are amazing predators and will find prey faster than just about everything else you have in your tank. I wouldn't dig up earthworms without being 100% sure that the worms haven't been exposed to pesticides or anything else nasty. I buy live blackworms and tubifex, usually, from the LFS.
Right. Should I put the bloodworm in the log where I know he hides. Or should I try and put it around and he'll come out and feed?

I would suggest not getting live tubifex. They are known as sludge worms and VERY frequently carry diseases.

Well I dropped in a cube of bloodworm into the raphaels log, and lo and behold it started floating; until all the other fish went crazy for it. I did put in a cory wafer too as I know he likes them.

Those aren't skunk corys. They're CW006, a different species entirely from the two species labeled as skunk corys, C. arcuatas (CW036) or C. granti (C020). The CW006 are in lineage 8, while CW036 and C020 are in lineage 9.

Those aren't skunk corys. They're CW006, a different species entirely from the two species labeled as skunk corys, C. arcuatas (CW036) or C. granti (C020). The CW006 are in lineage 8, while CW036 and C020 are in lineage 9.
What would they be called if you were to buy them in a pet shop ?

Either CW006 or narcisso cory. They are scientifically undescribed, meaning they don't have a Latin name yet. And just to make it more baffling, they are confused with something else called C. narcissus, yet another similar-looking species in a different lineage and from an entirely different part of South America.

Either CW006 or narcisso cory. They are scientifically undescribed, meaning they don't have a Latin name yet. And just to make it more baffling, they are confused with something else called C. narcissus, yet another similar-looking species in a different lineage and from an entirely different part of South America.
Not sure then what mine are ,ive had them about 3 years now photos are not the best lol

Attachments

• 20210105_190053.jpg
    20210105_190053.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210105_185947.jpg
    20210105_185947.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 82
Those will be either C. granti or C. arcuatas. CW006 has a noticeably longer nose.

Hello again. I just wanted to revisit this thread as it died off. My rapahel cat is about and about daily now just after the lights turn off. I put in a wafer for him with a bunch of different types of shrimp and proteins. He loves it a lot. My mum got some pictures of him so I will post them here later. @Gypsum how have your RC's done?

Hello again. I just wanted to revisit this thread as it died off. My rapahel cat is about and about daily now just after the lights turn off. I put in a wafer for him with a bunch of different types of shrimp and proteins. He loves it a lot. My mum got some pictures of him so I will post them here later. @Gypsum how have your RC's done?
Good thanks ,I bought 2 bristlenose catfish and they don't seem to bother them at the moment but they are still small .

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back