Random Discussion

It'll be like that one scene from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
"If that thing had nine lives, it just spent them all"
You say that, but one of them, Whiskey D***head Ginger, has actually managed to catch himself on fire. Long story short, we now have to have child locks on our gas stove. The picture attached is of him perching a little over 10' above our front door- take that as you will.

Attachments

• 20220723_163412.jpg
    20220723_163412.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 19
IMG_9065.jpeg

Please enjoy my ping pongs: Double Double, Whopper, Big Mac, and Chunk.

I got them 3 months ago.

They are very chubby and good and spark so much joy

Attachments

• IMG_9082.jpeg
    IMG_9082.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9078.jpeg
    IMG_9078.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
You MAY not have to change over any of your devices. I assume the devices connect via Wi-Fi so just use the same password on the new router as you used on the old and everything SHOULD still connect.
If the telco sends the router you likely don't get to set the SSID.

The telco tell me I have to move to VOIP at my new location- yet they pretend they are on a copper based network and won't let me keep my existing number. Chose a new provider...

If the telco sends the router you likely don't get to set the SSID.

The telco tell me I have to move to VOIP at my new location- yet they pretend they are on a copper based network and won't let me keep my existing number. Chose a new provider...
To be honest I didn't think of the possibility of an SSID issue. Good point. ;)

In the UK, we have little choice about switching provider to avoid VOIP. There are two companies which own cable networks, Virgin and BT. Every other internet and landline phone provider uses BT cables; Virgin is the only company which uses their cables. BT owns the copper network and their fibre network. Virgin only has fibre.
So when BT switch off the copper cables region by region, the only choice we have is go to Virgin or VOIP with every other provider. We still keep our phone numbers unless we move out of the exchange's region, but that's always been the case. We've had 4 phone numbers over the years when we've moved to a different place.

How was everyone’s Christmas?

My new pup had a blast for her first Christmas! She was very into tearing the wrapping paper in as small of scraps as she could get. You can’t go anywhere in the house without lots of paper scraps (including my bed unfortunately 😂😂)

Attachments

• IMG_9506.jpeg
    IMG_9506.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9533.jpeg
    IMG_9533.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9555.jpeg
    IMG_9555.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9570.jpeg
    IMG_9570.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9563.jpeg
    IMG_9563.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9583.jpeg
    IMG_9583.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 12
How was everyone’s Christmas?

My new pup had a blast for her first Christmas! She was very into tearing the wrapping paper in as small of scraps as she could get. You can’t go anywhere in the house without lots of paper scraps (including my bed unfortunately 😂😂)
We had a chill Christmas this year. No guests, just a nice dinner and some karaoke.

We had a chill Christmas this year. No guests, just a nice dinner and some karaoke.
I don’t know how people do it with guests 😂😂

My family has only ever celebrated with the 5 of us— we aren’t close with our extended family at all and we don’t really have any friends we like *that* much. 😂😂😂😂

Tommy Smothers of the Smother brothers comedy duo died. They brought me much joy during the turbulent 1960s. Rest in peace, Tommy.

When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.

Tom Smothers

"Mom always liked you best"

Most reactions

Back